Ciaran is a partner in our Corporate team. He advises leading Irish and multinational public and private companies on a broad spectrum of corporate matters.
Ciaran specialises in private M&A transactions and public takeovers and has extensive Irish and international market experience. He advises on equity capital markets transactions, private equity deals, joint ventures, complex restructurings, negotiating commercial contracts and general corporate governance and advisory matters.
Ciaran joined the firm in 2015 having previously practised with Clifford Chance in London and with another leading Irish law firm. He was also seconded to a large Fortune 500 international healthcare company in 2011.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Takeovers
- Securities Law
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Corporate Finance
- Intragroup Restructurings
- Corporate Establishments
- Corporate Governance
Some of his most significant transactions include acting for:
- Virgin Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, on its acquisition of UTV Ireland from ITV plc.
- A leading Asian investment company on the acquisition of a significant Irish technology business.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. on its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Deutsche Bank A.G. in relation to the recommended €1.4bn offer by IAG for Aer Lingus.
- Ormonde Mining plc in relation to the hostile approach from Almonty and $100m debt and equity investment by Oaktree in its Tungsten mine at Barruecapardo, Spain.
- Danaher Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Biotector Analytical Systems Limited and Analytical Developments Limited.
- Salamander Energy plc on the £319 million takeover by Ophir Energy plc.
- Skyepharma plc on its 2014 capital raising.
- WEX, Inc. on its acquisition of the European fleet card business of Esso.
- SMBC Aviation Capital on the acquisition of SMFL Aircraft Capital Corporation B.V. and SMFL Aircraft Capital Japan Co., Ltd.
- CVC, Permira and Charterhouse on their £3 billion whole business securitisation of the AA.
- LCH.Clearnet on the acquisition of a majority stake by London Stock Exchange Group plc and LCH.Clearnet’s €320m equity capital raise.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland non-core division on the sale of its European locomotive and electric passenger train leasing business to Alpha Trains.
- Mondelēz International on the $26.3 billion spin-off of its North American grocery business, Kraft Foods, Inc.
- Mondelēz International on the reorganization and integration of its international businesses with Cadbury following its 2011 takeover of Cadbury plc.
- ICAP plc on a number of group reorganisations.