Robert is a partner in our Corporate team. He advises on private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate investments, joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements, reorganisations, partnerships and venture capital.
Robert advises a broad range of Irish and international clients in the financial services, energy, healthcare, telecommunications, food and beverage, professional services, aviation, entertainment and life sciences sectors.
Robert joined Mason Hayes & Curran as a partner in January 2018. He has extensive international experience, having trained, qualified and practised in the Corporate department at Herbert Smith, London, and having subsequently practised in Arnold & Porter’s Corporate team in London.
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholders’ Agreements and investments
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Establishments
- Venture capital
- Intragroup Restructurings
- Advised APCOA Parking, Europe's longest established full service parking management company, on its acquisition of Irish car parking businesses Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems Limited and Mobile Research Systems Limited.
- Acted for French renewable energy developer Neoen on its acquisition of eight onshore wind farms in Ireland from AMP Capital.
- Advised frozen vegetable business Strong Roots on its investment from Goode Partners.
- Advised David and Jacqueline Kyne on the sale of their public relations business Kyne Communications to Huntsworth PLC.
- Advised MML Capital Partners on its acquisition of a 50% stake in DMS Governance.
- Advised Brookhaven Healthcare, a nursing homes platform, on the acquisition of four Irish nursing homes as well as their shareholding arrangements following establishment of the platform.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks on corporate elements of its facility provided in respect of the acquisition by Innovu Group of Wexford Insurance Group Limited.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks on corporate elements of its facility provided in respect of the investment by MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland in Eastland Engineering Supply Company Limited.
- Acted for German private equity house INTRO Aviation on its majority investment and shareholder arrangements pursuant to the acquisition of Corsair International airline from TUI.
- Advised Elkstone Partners on multiple venture capital investments into such businesses as Contego Sports, Hidramed, Forde HR and Change Donations.
- Advised Tetrarch Capital on its acquisition and stakeholder arrangements in respect of Howth Castle and Demesne.
- Advised the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund on its investment into Fountain Healthcare Partners Fund III.
- Acted for Octopus Investments on its investment in Zappy Limited (Glofox).
- Acted for Broadridge on the acquisition of technology/finance business Fundassist Limited.
- Advised French recruitment firm Groupe Adéquat on its acquisition of a majority stake in Irish recruitment group Sigmar.
- Acted for Virgin Media on its acquisition of technology/telecommunications business Casey Cablevision Limited.
- Advised Exclusive Networks on its acquisition of Felicipe Limited, the owner of the NextGen business.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Robert regularly tutors on company law and legal corporate transactions issues at the Law Society of Ireland.
Areas of Expertise
Mergers & Acquisitions
The Law Society of Ireland
The Law Society of England and Wales (non-practising)
Trinity College Dublin, BA
BPP London, Legal Practice Course
Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law