Robert is a partner in our Corporate team. He advises on private mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate investments, joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements, reorganisations, partnerships, and venture capital.
Robert advises a broad range of Irish and international clients in the technology, healthcare, nursing homes and care centres, food and beverage, professional services, aviation, entertainment, financial services, energy (including renewables), and life sciences sectors.
Robert has received very strong client feedback in the Legal 500 published rankings. He receives high praise for having "excellent client focus". He is also singled out by commentators for his "understanding of the relevant issues and ability to be commercial in most situations”. In the most recent edition of Chambers Europe, clients note his "insightfulness, speed of delivery and transaction knowledge".
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholders’ Agreements and investments
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Establishments
- Venture capital
- Corporate Reorganisations
- Acted for DomusVi on its acquisition of the Trinity Care group of nursing homes.
- Advised APCOA Parking, Europe's longest established full service parking management company, on its acquisition of Irish car parking businesses Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems Limited and Mobile Research Systems Limited.
- Represented Mocha Technologies on various fundraisings and sales of shares.
- Acted for the Grace Healthcare group on its acquisition of three separate Irish nursing homes.
- Advised B Capital on its Series B investment in SilverCloud.
- Acted for CareChoice on its acquisition of two separate nursing homes: Newtownpark House Nursing Home, Blackrock, Co. Dublin; and Elm Hall Nursing Home, Cellbridge, Co. Kildare.
- Advised Brookhaven Healthcare, a nursing homes platform, on the acquisition of five Irish nursing homes as well as its shareholding arrangements following establishment of the platform.
- Advised Elkstone on multiple separate venture capital investments into such businesses as Little Pond t/a Prommt, Unify Ordering, AudioMob, Contego Sports, Hidramed, Forde HR, and Change Donations.
- Acted for the Irish Farm Accounts Cooperative Society on the acquisition of two businesses: Michael Brosnan & Associates, and a software product acquisition
- Advised frozen vegetable business Strong Roots on its investment from Goode Partners.
- Advised David and Jacqueline Kyne on the sale of their public relations business Kyne Communications to Huntsworth PLC.
- Advised MML Capital Partners on its acquisition of a 50% stake in DMS Governance.
- Acted for German private equity house INTRO Aviation on its majority investment and shareholder arrangements pursuant to the acquisition of Corsair International airline from TUI.
- Acted for French renewable energy developer Neoen on its acquisition of eight onshore wind farms in Ireland from AMP Capital.
- Acted for FL Partners on the disposal of two major parcels of residential development lands.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks on corporate elements of its facility provided in respect of the acquisition by Innovu Group of Wexford Insurance Group Limited.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks on corporate elements of its facility provided in respect of the investment by MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland in Eastland Engineering Supply Company Limited.
- Advised Tetrarch Capital on its acquisition and stakeholder arrangements in respect of Howth Castle and Demesne.
- Advised the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund on its investment into Fountain Healthcare Partners Fund III.
- Acted for Octopus Investments on its investment in Zappy Limited (Glofox).
- Acted for Broadridge on the acquisition of technology/finance business Fundassist Limited.
- Advised French recruitment firm Groupe Adéquat on its acquisition of a majority stake in Irish recruitment group Sigmar.
- Acted for Virgin Media on its acquisition of technology/telecommunications business Casey Cablevision Limited.
- Advised Exclusive Networks on its acquisition of Felicipe Limited, the owner of the NextGen business.
Chambers & Partners
Clients have praised Robert’s "insightfulness, speed of delivery and transaction knowledge". Robert has been described as “Professional, knowledgeable, unfazed, and an excellent negotiator”. Other Chambers feedback included client descriptions of Robert as “excellent”, “strong on interactions”, and “proactive”.
Legal 500, 2020
Robert "has excellent client focus...he absolutely led delivery of his firm's services".
Areas of Expertise
Mergers & Acquisitions
The Law Society of Ireland
The Law Society of England and Wales (non-practising)
Trinity College Dublin, BA
BPP London, Legal Practice Course
Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law