Claire is a Corporate Partner and Head of our Governance and Compliance team.
Claire’s practice is made up of both transactional and advisory work. On the transactional side, Claire practices in the area of corporate structures and re-organisations, both international and domestic, and on the advisory side, Claire advises a number of our corporate clients on technical company law and corporate governance type matters, to include advice on the duties of directors and the provision of board training.
Claire’s team provides a comprehensive company law and company secretarial compliance service to several hundred Irish companies.
- Corporate governance
- Company law
- Corporate restructuring
- Company secretarial support, advice and guidance
- Advised SCISYS Group plc on the establishment of a new Irish incorporated holding company and admission to the Enterprise Securities Market of Euronext Dublin and London’s AIM market.
- Acted as lead counsel in connection with a complex multi-jurisdictional reorganisation of a large multinational pharmaceutical group, involving the transfer of subsidiary companies based in over 12 jurisdictions between Irish group companies.
- Prepared a briefing paper and present to the Members of the Oireachtas on the Companies (Statutory Audits) Bill 2017.
- Advises Oath, Louis Vuitton, Odeon, Liberty Insurance, Monster Energy, Furla, Shred-it, Citrix, Discovery Inc. and many other global brands on corporate governance matters.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- A regular speaker on company law and matters of corporate governance.
Lead author of the fifth edition of Jordan’s Irish Company Secretarial Precedents (2016)
Regular contributor of articles to Chartered Accountants Ireland