Claire is a Corporate Partner and Head of our Governance and Compliance team.
Claire’s practice is made up of both transactional and advisory work. On the transactional side, Claire practices in the area of corporate structures and re-organisations, both international and domestic, and on the advisory side, Claire advises a number of our corporate clients on technical company law and corporate governance type matters, to include advice on the duties of directors and the provision of board training.
- Corporate governance
- Company law
- Corporate restructuring
- Company secretarial support, advice and guidance
- Advised SCISYS Group plc on the establishment of a new Irish incorporated holding company and admission to the Enterprise Securities Market of Euronext Dublin and London’s AIM market.
- Acted as lead counsel to a global pharmaceutical group in connection with a complex, multi-jurisdictional reorganisation involving 14 subsidiaries and 13 jurisdictions and also involving a refinancing project and transfer of group intellectual property.
- Acted as lead counsel in connection with a complex multi-jurisdictional reorganisation of a large technology group, involving the transfer of subsidiary companies based in over 12 jurisdictions between Irish group companies.
- Advised Irish Residential Properties, REIT PLC on the implementation of a project to revise the governance structures of 16 owner management companies that it controls so as to bring them in line with the requirements of the Companies Act 2014 and Multi-Unit Development Act 2011.
- Prepared a briefing paper and present to the Members of the Oireachtas on the Companies (Statutory Audits) Bill 2017.
Legal 500, 2021
'Recommended Lawyer' Claire Lord is “fantastic, clear-sighted and articulate corporate law adviser”.
Legal 500, 2020
Claire is a “Recommended Lawyer”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- A regular speaker on company law and matters of corporate governance.
Lead author of the fifth edition of Jordan’s Irish Company Secretarial Precedents (2016)
Regular contributor of articles to Chartered Accountants Ireland