David is a partner and Head of our Corporate team, practicing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities law, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital, corporate establishments and corporate finance.
David advises a broad range of clients including global corporates doing business in and through Ireland and some of Ireland’s leading corporates and entrepreneurs. David advises clients on the structuring of acquisitions and divestments both in Ireland and on a cross border basis.
David also advises general partners and limited partners on the structuring of venture capital funds and the investment by those funds in investee companies. He also has extensive experience in advising global corporates and international private equity firms on merger and acquisition transactions and intra-group restructurings.
In conjunction with his tax and regulation colleagues, David advises companies on the establishment of operations in Europe.
David has also represented many of Ireland’s entrepreneurs through the cycle from start-up to IPO or trade sale.
- Corporate law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Private Equity
- Joint Ventures
- Shareholder Agreements
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Establishments
- Securities Law
- Intragroup Restructurings
- Represented Boparan Holdings Limited (2 Sisters Food Group) on the Irish law aspects on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Green Isle Food Limited, including Goodfellas Pizza, to Nomad Foods Europe Limited.
- Represented RCI Banque Ireland on its investment in iCabbi.
- Represented the shareholders of Blueface Limited in its merger with Star2Star Communications.
- Represented Group Adéquat on the purchase of the recruitment agency Sigmar Recruitment.
- Represented Virgin Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, on its acquisition of UTV Ireland from ITV plc.
- Represented McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of Irish FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Represented Brookfield Renewables Ireland in relation to the purchase of the renewable assets of Bord Gáis.
- Represented Killeen Group Holdings in the sale of Mount Juliet hotel and golf resort to Brehon Capital Partners and Emmet O’Neill.
- Represented Danaher Corporation in connection with the acquisition of Biotector Analytical Systems Limited and Analytical Developments Limited.
- Represented Daktronics Inc on its acquisition of Data Display Holdings Limited.
- Represented the major shareholders of PolarLake on the sale of PolarLake to leading global financial news service Bloomberg LP.
- Represented Dragon Oil plc in the recommended offer by Emirates National Oil Company for Dragon Oil plc.
- Representing Berkshire Partners, LLC Advent International Corporation & Bain Capital Partners, LLC in their recommended offer for Skillsoft plc.
- Representing Vedanta Resources plc in connection with the acquisition of zinc mining interests in Ireland.
- Represented FL Partners in the acquisition of Tomsburg Limited.
- Represented Metic Group plc in its admission to AIM.
- Represented Kerry Group plc in its acquisition of Breeo Foods Limited.
- Represented the shareholders of Biotrin Group Limited in its sale to DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Represented Milliman, Inc. in its acquisition of Life Strategies Limited.
- Represented Simpson Strong-Tie Ireland Limited in its acquisition of part of the business and assets of Liebig Group.
- Represented Orangold Limited in its acquisition of Donegal Highland Radio plc and Highland Media & Communications Investment Limited.
- Represented ABO Wind Ireland Limited in its acquisition of Gortahile Wind Farm Limited from GW Energi A/S.
- Represented Knight Frank LLP in its acquisition of Ganly Walters Limited.
- Represented Continental Leisure Holdings Limited in its acquisition of European hotels from Gresham Hotel Group Limited.
- Represented the shareholders of Avenco Limited and Locks & Hardware Limited in the sale of entire issued share capital of Avenco Limited and Lock & Hardware Limited to Heywood Williams Group plc.
- Represented the shareholders of Conlon Quinn in its sale to Wolseley plc.
- Represented MBO team on acquisition of Parc HR Services.
Chambers & Partners, 2020
"He is extremely well considered in his advice, very insightful, constructive and a problem-solver".
Legal 500, 2020
David is recognised as a "Hall of Fame" lawyer.
Chambers & Partners, 2019
“Very affable and effective commercial lawyer."
Legal 500, 2019
David is recognised as a “Leading Individual”.