Our Corporate team has extensive experience advising our national and international client base on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) of all sizes and offer partner-led teams supported by the full resources of specialist areas in the firm. We have advised on some of the most significant Irish M&A transactions in recent years, representing some of Ireland’s largest corporates and financial institutions as well as international trade players and private equity groups. Our teams advise buyers or sellers of both private and public companies.
We offer our clients market-leading sector knowledge built up over years of working with clients across all industry sectors. On every transaction, we get to know our clients’ specific requirements and work in the way most suited to their needs. This allows us to bring a strategic approach to our work, a deep understanding of industry-specific issues and ensures we consistently provide the highest levels of client service. Our corporate team, working with the specialist lawyers in our multidisciplinary teams, provide a full range of services in M&A transactions.
If you are currently considering selling your business, or acquiring another business, please feel free to contact one of the team shown below with whom you can discuss your requirements in the strictest of confidence.
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Full service offering which is "very proactive, attentive and respond straight away."
Chambers and Partners, 2016
"great leadership in getting the transaction signed"
Legal 500, 2016
Chambers and Partners, 2015
"The team is very responsive, knows the market well and understands what matters commercially to the client."
Legal 500, 2015
"a good range of experience and very attentive’
Chambers and Partners, 2014
‘It was a very complex deal and the team demonstrated broad expertise.’
Legal 500, 2014
‘an excellent firm with significant depth of knowledge.’
- Advising Virgin Media, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liberty Global, on its acquisition of UTV Ireland from ITV plc.
- Advised Genable Technologies Limited, an Irish privately held venture-capital backed biopharmaceutical company, on the sale of the company to Spark Therapeutics Inc., a NASDAQ listed leading US gene therapy company.
- Advising McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of Irish FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Acted for Activision Blizzard, Inc. on its US$5.9 billion offer for King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Acted for the shareholders in SteriPack Limited on the sale of its medical device packaging operations and related value-added services to Bemis Company, Inc.
- Acted for the shareholders in OSG Outsource Services Group Limited which was acquired by Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc.
- Acting for Dragon Oil plc in relation to the recommended Stg£3.7bn cash offer by Emirates National Oil Company.
- Advised Markit, a leading global diversified provider of financial information services, on its acquisition of Information Mosaic.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank A.G. in relation to the recommended €1.4bn offer by IAG for Aer Lingus.
- Acted for Ormonde Mining in relation to the hostile approach from Almonty and €90m debt and equity investment by Oaktree in its Tungsten mine at Barruecapardo, Spain.
- Acting for Tribute Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., headquartered in Ontario, in its combination with POZEN Inc., headquartered in North Carolina, under a new Irish holding company to be named Aralez Pharmaceuticals plc.