We have the largest team dedicated to the charities & not-for-profit sector in Ireland. Our clients benefit from our experience advising such a large number of charitable and voluntary organisations on their day-to-day issues.
We advise on the design and formulation of the many policies and regulations that govern the sector. This means we are at the forefront of all that is happening in the sector. We are, therefore, ideally placed to advise our clients on all governance and compliance matters. We also make a valued contribution to various charity boards.
Our clients range from international organisations to community groups, from household name charities to start-up social enterprises. We also advise religious organisations, schools and hospitals.
Charity Law Services:
- Governance advice and training
- Structuring - incorporations, mergers and reorganisations
- Financing and grants
- Intellectual property and data protection
- Codes of conduct
- Estates and trusts
- Property transactions
- Education law
- Construction law
- Tax advice
Chambers and Partners, 2017
"They were a pleasure to deal with: collaborative, collegial and co-operative."
Chambers and Partners, 2016
"Thorough, thoughtful and practical advice"
Legal 500, 2016
- Advised on the merger of Fundraising Ireland and ICTR which led to the establishment of Charities Institute Ireland. We regularly advise charities on the entire merger process, from due diligence and the planning stages through to the drafting of documents, notification of employees, transfer of operations, assistance with the EGM documentation and liaising with the Revenue Commissioners and the Charities Regulator.
- Advising on obligations under the Charities Act 2009 and their interaction with the Charities Regulator.
- Advising on legislative requirements relating to changes in trustees, funding and fundraising, governance policies and codes of conduct.