Tom is a Partner in the Real Estate team and advises institutions, investors, banks, asset managers and multi-national companies on all aspects of commercial real estate in Ireland.
Tom acts for a number of multinational tenant occupiers including global technology companies such as Dell, Slack, and Twitter. Institutional clients which Tom advises on Irish real estate matters include RBS, Liberty Insurance, British Airways and Irish Water.
He also advises on the purchase, sale, development and financing of mixed use developments, investment properties, student housing schemes, and real estate and loan portfolios. Other clients include Glenveagh, Ardstone, Invesco, AIB Bank, Ulster Bank and Bank of Ireland. He also leads the Real Estate Charities team and acts for numerous charities and not-for profit clients on various real estate assets.
- Commercial Property and related financing
- Landlord and Tenant
- Development Land
- Loan and asset portfolio sales and acquisition
- Advised AIB on financing Carysfort Capital’s €101m purchase of 6 Hanover Quay from Cairn Homes.
- Acting for global investor Invesco Real Estate on the redevelopment and management of Frascati Shopping Centre.
- Advised an international fund (QIAIF) on the purchase, re-development, financing and ultimate sale of a portfolio of high profile office buildings.
- Advising RBS Asset Management and Ulster Bank on the asset management of its substantial portfolio of branches, business centres and ATM’s in Ireland.
- Acting for AIB on the re-finance by Quanta Capital of a large industrial portfolio comprising some 200 properties.
- Advising Glenveagh in relation to site acquisition and set up of large residential development schemes.
- Advising Invesco Real Estate in relation to a student housing scheme in Dublin City.
- Acting for investors, operators and lenders on the acquisition, financing and development of nursing homes.
- Advising international retailer Decathlon on the purchase and development of its first outlet store in Ireland.
- Advised Ardstone on the sale of a portfolio of large development sites to Glenveagh.
- Advising easyHotel on its establishment in Ireland including site acquisition and development.
Chambers & Partners, 2020
Tom's "responsiveness was fantastic throughout".
Legal 500, 2020
‘Tom Davy was very commercial and resolved our transactional issues very swiftly.‘
Chambers & Partners, 2019
"He is bright and relaxed in his approach, though attentive to the job in hand and protective of the client's interests at all times. He is also very responsive and accessible,"
Legal 500, 2019
Tom is a “Recommended Lawyer”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Member of Law Society Conveyancing Committee.
- Tom also speaks on real estate topics at MHC events, and presents to clients and intermediaries on various topical real estate matters.