General Data Protection Regulation Expertise
Since before GDPR came into force, our team has provided world-class expertise and strategic advice on all issues regarding compliance with, and the impact of, GDPR and its predecessor, the Data Protection Directive.
We have the premier team in the EU to advise US and other non-European companies on GDPR matters. Our GDPR Team is well-place to advise on any GDPR queries you may have, both on the product counselling side and enforcement side where you are interfacing with regulatory authorities.
GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018, bringing about a number of significant changes regarding the use of personal data, including:
- Greater transparency requirements for privacy notices.
- New and enhanced rights for individuals.
- Detailed requirements for contracting with processors.
- New security rules and breach reporting obligations.
- Obligations that arise depending on the legal basis for processing personal data.
- A revamped regime for enforcement, remedies and liability.