General Data Protection Regulation Expertise
Since before GDPR came into force, our GDPR Team has provided world-class expertise and strategic advice on all issues regarding compliance with, and the impact of, GDPR.
With the foremost GDPR team in Ireland, which is earning a reputation as the premier team in the EU to advise US and other non-European companies on GDPR matters, our GDPR Team is well-place to advise on any GDPR queries you may have.
GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018, bringing about a number of significant changes regarding the use of personal data, including:
- Increased obligations around consent.
- Greater transparency requirements for privacy notices.
- New and enhanced rights for individuals.
- Detailed requirements for contracting with processors.
- New security rules and breach reporting obligations.
- Principles of privacy by design and privacy by default.
- A revamped regime for enforcement, remedies and liability.