Our Real Estate Law team, one of the largest in Ireland, offers a comprehensive consultancy and transactional property law service. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure practical solutions at all times. Our highly experienced team works closely with our specialist construction, financial services, corporate and tax teams – enabling us to offer relevant expertise which is critical to the structuring of complex real estate transactions. With extensive experience of the property market, we have been significantly involved in major real estate transactions in recent years.
Our priority is the consistent delivery of high quality client focused real estate legal advice so that our clients are in a position to make well informed decisions. Our comprehensive range of services has ensured that we are persistently advising on the most technical and complex commercial property transactions in Ireland, including acquisitions, development, leasing, disposals, funding and restructuring.
We act for a diverse range of clients including banks, state agencies, corporates, indigenous and multi-national retailers, multinational companies based in Ireland, local businesses, property investors and the voluntary sector. We also play a crucial role in supporting the new and existing international clients with their continuous investment into Ireland, alongside our financial services, tax, corporate and litigation departments. We have teams which focus on investment, development, hotels & leisure, retail, licensed trade and public benefit.
- Asset Management
- Transactional Property Law
- Landlord and tenant
- Real Estate Finance
- Property Investment structures and regulation
- Property Development
- Planning law
- Environmental law
- Project Finance
- Residential, mixed use and commercial developments
- Multi-Unit Projects
- Construction law
- Liquor licensing law
Chambers Europe, 2017
“Experienced, practical, responsive and commerically astute."
Legal 500, 2017
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Unquestionably one of the top options in real estate."
Legal 500, 2016
"Responsive, commercial and pragmatic"
Chambers Europe, 2015
"Capable of translating technical expertise into commercial evaluation and advice."
Legal 500, 2015
Highlights included advising Deutsche Bank on its purchase of a large portfolio of residential properties.
- We acted for Hines Ireland and King Street Capital in the disposal of a portion of its residential development site in Cherrywood Business Park to Cairn Homes plc. The transaction incorporated an innovative “Development Interface Agreement” which involved both parties agreeing to carry out substantial works including infrastructural works.
- We acted for Quadrant Real Estate Advisors Ireland Limited in its financing to (i) OCS Investment Holdings Limited and (ii) FAM Assets Limited and Private Equity Real Estate (ICAV) of their high profile acquisition of the Clery’s store, O’Connell Street, Dublin and adjacent buildings. The acquisitions were widely reported in the Irish press.
- We acted for Irish Residential Properties Reit plc (“iRES”), the State’s largest private residential landlord, in its acquisition of 201 apartments at Elm Park, Merrion Road, Dublin 4 from Starwood and in connection with its acquisition of 442 apartments, 18,333 sqm of commercial spaces and associated parking at Tallaght Cross West from Dez Developments (in receivership).
- We acted for McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of UDG Healthcare plc. We carried out due diligence against all ten properties owned by UDG in Ireland and advised on the transfer and assignment of title to target companies where applicable in advance of completion. We also coordinated the diligence carried out by both English and Northern Irish Counsel.
- We acted for Cloosh Valley Wind Farm, a joint venture between existing client SSE Renewables Limited and state forestry company Coillte (the “Project Company”), on a 36 turbine wind farm development at Cloosh Valley, Galway. The project is widely known as Project “Cloosh”. Cloosh forms part of a cluster of four wind farms, collectively known as Galway Wind Park which is Ireland’s largest wind farm. Following acquisition of the necessary property interests, we subsequently represented the Project Company in the project financing of the project to raise €176 million from three banks, BBVA, Rabobank and Nord LB.
- We advised EdgeConneX Ireland Limited in securing finance for the development of an 18 acre site in Lucan as a fully permitted 18MW cloud enabled edge data centre.
- We acted for University College Cork in acquiring the Irish Management Institute (IMI) Campus located at Sandyford, County Dublin from the IMI as part of a merger between the two entities. We further advised on the subsequent leaseback to the IMI of the campus, which comprises 12.5 acres and contains student accommodation, conference facilities and lecture theatres.
- We acted for Neoen, in the due diligence and entry into joint venture and co-development arrangements with BNRG Renewables for a portfolio of 23 solar development projects in Ireland with a combined export capacity of 200 Megawatts (development value of approx. €230 million). This included a full due diligence of the options and leases granted (or being negotiated) in respect of the land the subject of each of the 23 projects.