Vanessa is co-head of our Real Estate team, with a practice in all aspects of commercial property, conveyancing and landlord and tenant law. Vanessa heads a team of property lawyers that specialise in the property law and development aspects of energy and infrastructure projects and buying and selling trading assets such as hotels, student accommodation and healthcare assets.
Vanessa has an extensive landlord and tenant practice and negotiates complex agreements for lease, commercial leases, licenses and concession agreements. She is admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, as well as Ireland.
Vanessa also acts for financial institutions on the sale and purchase of property backed loan portfolios. Vanessa is also lead partner on the Mason Hayes & Curran trainee recruitment panel and is known for her composure and commerciality.
- Commercial Property
- Hotel and Leisure
- Landlord and Tenant
- Wind farms/Renewables
- Nursing homes and primary care centres
- Student accommodation
- Advised a consortium of investors including M&G Investments, Aberdeen Standard Investments and Canada Life Investments on a private placement investment in a portfolio of 15 primary care centres.
- Advising French fund SCPI Pierval Santé on a significant number of healthcare investments in Ireland including development and trading assets.
- Project Glas. Advised a pillar Irish bank on the sale of their ATM portfolio.
- Acted for National Australia Bank in its financing of a portfolio of eight wind farms (Project Cyclone 50 MW) owned by the Irish Infrastructure Fund and Viridian. Vanessa’s role involved leading the property team and reviewing the Certificates of Title provided by the developer’s solicitors and advising the lender on any bankability issues from a property or planning perspective disclosed in the Certificates of Title. This work also included advising on the satisfaction of the property and planning condition precedents at financial close.
- Acting for an ICAV in acquisition of a portfolio of office blocks and development sites.
Chambers & Partners, 2020
Vanessa is "diligent, knowledgeable and very easy to work with".
Legal 500, 2020
"Vanessa Byrne...deserve particular mention here....personable and approachable "
Legal 500, 2019
"Leading Individual", Vanessa Byrne is described as "impressive".
Chambers & Partners, 2019
"She knows the market and you really feel she is on your team and fighting your corner."