Vanessa is co-head of our Real Estate team, with a practice in all aspects of commercial property, conveyancing and landlord and tenant law. Vanessa heads a team of property lawyers that specialise in the property law and development aspects of energy and infrastructure projects and buying and selling trading assets such as hotels, student accommodation and healthcare assets.
Vanessa has an extensive landlord and tenant practice and negotiates complex agreements for lease, commercial leases, licenses and concession agreements. She is admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, as well as Ireland.
Vanessa also acts for financial institutions on the sale and purchase of property backed loan portfolios. Vanessa is also lead partner on the Mason Hayes & Curran trainee recruitment panel and is known for her composure and commerciality.
- Commercial Property
- Hotel and Leisure
- Landlord and Tenant
- Wind farms/Renewables
- Nursing homes and primary care centres
- Student accommodation
- Acting for the Vendors of the Hilton Hotel Dublin Airport.
- Acting in the site acquisition and development of student accommodation premises in Dublin 7 and Dublin 8.
- Acting for an ICAV on the acquisition of a major portfolio of office blocks and development sites.
- Acting for investor on the acquisition and development finance of a significant wind farm in County Kerry.
- Advising Marriott and Starwood on property due diligence and franchise arrangements on new hotel assets.
- Advised three major institutional investors on the financing of 7 operational primary care assets.
- Advising a lender on the property aspects of forward funding a portfolio of Health Service Executive supported primary care centres under development.
- Acting for Asavie Technology on letting of new corporate HQ.
- Acting for a leading data centre provider on the land, access and planning aspects of the acquisition and financing of an 18MW data centre to include pre-let to a major cloud provider and lease of lands to house gas generators.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
"She is personable but firm and she knows her stuff, she is on top of her game."
Chambers and Partners, 2017
"She has a can-do attitude and is very pleasant."
Chambers and Partners, 2015
"She is excellent - a great personality and strong service."
Legal 500, 2015
"A calming influence in stressful situations"