Michael is a partner in our Real Estate Team, regularly advising institutions, investors, asset managers and corporates on their real estate needs.
Michael has experience in advising of all aspects of commercial and institutional residential property (including portfolio sales and purchases) and all aspects of land development. He advises commercial landlords and tenants on acquisition and disposal of property interests and provides on-going asset management advice to landlords, tenants and asset managers.
He also has extensive experience in advising owners, lenders, equity investors and asset managers in all aspects of financing, secured lending and property investment. Michael has experience in advising both domestic and international clients.
- Real Estate
- Landlord and Tenant
- Real Estate Development
- Transactional Property Law
- Asset Management
- Acted for owner of Cherrywood Business Park in office lettings to Abbott Ireland, IIS Software, Zoetis and Genomics.
- Acted for institutional purchaser in the acquisition of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 and of Childers Road Retail Park, Limerick.
- Acted for owners of prime Dublin shopping centre in several lettings in 2016 , including to BBs, The Works, Nisbets, J&J Retail and Freshly Chopped.
- Acting for Curragh Racecourse, Curragh, County Kildare in aspects of the proposed development of the new grandstand .
- Acted for landlord in substantial office letting to Intercom of part of Stephen Court, St Stephens Green, Dublin 2.
- Acted in the development of substantial new office premises at 21 Charlemont, Dublin 2.
- Acted for landlord in the lettings to Facebook of 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2 (total c. 240,000 sq ft).
- Acted for US real estate fund in the purchase of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and ongoing work on its redevelopment, including proposed 70,000 square foot extension and several retails lettings.
Chambers Europe, 2016
Legal 500, 2016
‘one of the best real estate lawyers in Dublin’
Chambers Europe, 2015
"easy to work with, very responsive to client requirements"
Chambers Europe, 2014
"straightforward, wanting to get the deal done, experienced and confident."