Michael is co head of our Real Estate team and advises institutions, investors, asset managers and corporates on their real estate needs.
Michael has a market leading practice and extensive experience advising on all aspects of commercial and institutional residential property and on land development. He provides solution-based asset management advice to commercial and PRS (private rented sector) landlords and asset managers.
Michael has supported many multinational clients that have invested in Irish real estate.
- Real Estate
- Landlord and Tenant
- Real Estate Development
- Transactional Property Law
- Asset Management
- Acted for US fund in the sale of development sites in Cherrywood, Co. Dublin to Cairn Homes and Quitain and the related development interface agreements.
- Acted for Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) in the sale of 92 acres in Newland’s Cross, Dublin to Hibernia REIT and related overage agreement and the acquisition of its HQ offices in Lansdowne Road. Dublin 4.
- Acted for Irish institution in the separate acquisitions of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 (let to KPMG), Limerick One Retail Park, Unit 1 Aerodrome Business Park and 100/101 Grafton Street, Dublin 2 (let to AIB).
- Acted for landlord in the letting to Facebook of 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2.
- Acting for landlord/developer in the pre-let agreement to Intercom of Cadenza, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2 (115k sq ft office building scheduled to be completed in 2022).
- Acted for multinational developer/construction company in the forward funding sale of adjoining sites on Mill Street, Dublin 8 for separate hotel and student accommodation developments.
- Acted for publicly quoted home builder in licence agreement with NAMA appointed receivers over a substantial residential development site in Douglas, County Cork.
- Acted for buyers of several PRS schemes, including Shelbourne Plaza, Ringsend, Dublin 4 and Rockfield, Dundrum, Dublin 14.
- Acted for landlord in the office letting of 18/21 Charlemont, Dublin 2 to ViaSat and its forward sale to a French real estate fund.
- Acting for owners of two Dublin shopping centres (Swords Pavillions and Ilac Centre) in several recent lettings , including to BBs, The Works, Nisbets, Pro-Nutrition, Diesel, Jack and Jones, Freshly Chopped, Regatta Great Outdoors, McDonald’s and Smiggle .
- Acted for US real estate fund in the purchase of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and its redevelopment (70,000 square foot extension) and retail lettings.
- Acting for Curragh Racecourse Limited in real estate aspects of the new grandstand development at the Curragh, County Kildare.
Legal 500, 2021
‘Recommended Individual’ with “a superb grasp of real estate legislation.” He has “a very strong understanding of client needs and demonstrates this time and time again.”
Chambers & Partners, 2021
'Band 2 Lawyer', Michael Doran ‘is noted for his ability to advise on high-value and complex mandates’.
Legal 500, 2020
‘Michael Doran provides an exceptional service to us.‘
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Michael possesses a “wealth of experience and is very proactive, making him the consummate professional...no matter how complex the project."
Legal 500, 2019
Michael is a “Recommended Lawyer”.
Michael has had several articles published in the Irish Law Times.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Michael has lectured and tutored on the Professional Practice Course of the Law Society of Ireland.