Michael is co head of our Real Estate team and advises institutions, investors, asset managers and corporates on their real estate needs.
Michael has a market leading practice and extensive experience advising on all aspects of commercial and institutional residential property and on land development. He provides solution-based asset management advice to commercial and PRS (private rented sector) landlords and asset managers.
Michael has supported many multinational clients that have invested in Irish real estate.
- Real Estate
- Landlord and Tenant
- Real Estate Development
- Transactional Property Law
- Asset Management
- Acting for landlord/developer in the pre-let agreement to Intercom of Cadenza, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2 (115k sq ft office building scheduled to be completed in 2022).
- Acted for US fund in the sale of development sites in Cherrywood, Co. Dublin to Cairn Homes and Quitain and the related development interface agreements.
- Acted for US real estate fund in the purchase of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and its redevelopment (70,000 square foot extension) and retail lettings.
- Acted for Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) in the sale of 92 acres in Newland’s Cross, Dublin to Hibernia REIT and related overage agreement.
- Acted for Irish institution in the separate acquisitions of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 (let to KPMG), Childers Road Retail Park, Limerick (now called Limerick One), Unit 1 Aerodrome Business Park and 100/101 and 80 Grafton Street, Dublin 2 (let to AIB and Molton Brown).
- Acted for publicly quoted home builder in licence agreement with NAMA appointed receivers over a substantial residential development site in Douglas, County Cork.
- Acted for buyers of several PRS Schemes, including Shelbourne Plaza, Ringsend, Dublin 4 and Rockfield, Dundrum, Dublin 14.
- Acted for landlord in the office letting of 18/21 Charlemont, Dublin 2 to ViaSat and its forward sale to a French real estate fund.
- Acted for owners of prime Dublin shopping centre in several recent lettings , including to BBs, The Works, Nisbets, Pro-Nutrition, Diesel, Jack and Jones, Freshly Chopped, Regatta Great Outdoors, McDonald’s and Smiggle .
- Acted for owner of Cherrywood Business Park, Cherrywood, County Dublin in office lettings to Abbott Ireland, IIS Software, Elavon, Zoetis and Genomics.
- Acted for multinational developer/construction company in the forward funding sale of adjoining sites on Mill Street, Dublin 8 for separate hotel and student accommodation developments.
- Acted for landlord in the letting to Facebook of 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2
- Acting for Curragh Racecourse Limited in real estate aspects of the new grandstand development at the Curragh, County Kildare.
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Michael possesses a “wealth of experience and is very proactive, making him the consummate professional...no matter how complex the project."
Michael is a “Recommended Lawyer”.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
Clients appreciate that he is "fully up to speed" with ongoing matters and praise his "attention to detail and precision."
Chambers and Partners, 2017
“A pleasure to deal with and is highly responsive."
Chambers and Partners, 2016
Michael is a "dynamic lawyer"
The Legal 500, 2016
"One of the best real estate lawyers in Dublin"
Chambers and Partners, 2015
"Easy to work with, very responsive to client requirements"
Michael has had several articles published in the Irish Law Times.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Michael has lectured and tutored on the Professional Practice Course of the Law Society of Ireland.