Michael is co head of our Real Estate team, regularly advising institutions, investors, asset managers and corporates on their real estate needs.
Michael has experience in advising of all aspects of commercial and institutional residential property (including portfolio sales and purchases) and all aspects of land development. He advises commercial landlords and tenants on acquisition and disposal of property interests and provides on-going asset management advice to landlords, tenants and asset managers.
He also has extensive experience in advising owners, lenders, equity investors and asset managers in all aspects of financing, secured lending and property investment. Michael has experience in advising both domestic and international clients.
- Real Estate
- Landlord and Tenant
- Real Estate Development
- Transactional Property Law
- Asset Management
- Acted for institutional purchaser in the separate acquisitions of 1 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 (let to KPMG), Childers Road Retail Park, Limerick (now called Limerick One), Unit 1 Aerodrome Business Park and 80 and 100/101 Grafton Street, Dublin 2 (let to Molton Brown and AIB).
- Acted for Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) in the sale of c. 92 acres of agricultural land to Hibernia REIT and related overage deed.
- Acted in the PRS acquisition of 53 apartments at Shelbourne Plaza, Ringsend, Dublin 4.
- Acted in the office letting (37,000 square feet) of 21 Charlemont, Dublin 2 to ViaSat and subsequent sale to a French real estate fund..
- Acting for Curragh Racecourse Limited in property aspects of the new grandstand development at the Curragh, County Kildare.
- Acted for landlord in the lettings to Facebook of 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2 (total c. 240,000 sq ft).
- Acted for US real estate fund in the purchase of Frascati Shopping Centre, Blackrock, County Dublin and work on its redevelopment, including 70,000 square foot extension and several retails lettings.
- Acted for owners of prime Dublin shopping centre in several lettings in 2017/18, including to BBs, The Works, Nisbets, Pro-Nutrition, Diesel, Jack and Jones, Freshly Chopped, Regatta Great Outdoors, McDonald’s and Smiggle.
- Acted for owner of Cherrywood Business Park, County Dublin in office lettings to Abbott Ireland, IIS Software, Elavon, Zoetis and Genomics.
- Acted in the sale of sites on Mill Street, Dublin 8 for separate hotel and student accommodation developments.
- Acted for landlord in substantial office lettings to Intercom, KBC and Game on Media of parts of Stephen Court, St Stephens Green, Dublin 2.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
Clients appreciate that he is "fully up to speed" with ongoing matters and praise his "attention to detail and precision."
Chambers and Partners, 2017
“A pleasure to deal with and is highly responsive."
Chambers and Partners, 2016
Michael is a "dynamic lawyer"
The Legal 500, 2016
"One of the best real estate lawyers in Dublin"
Chambers and Partners, 2015
"Easy to work with, very responsive to client requirements"