Wendy is a partner in our Commercial team. Wendy works closely with clients on outsourcing contracts, technology agreements, privacy and data security, distribution and sales solutions and on all contracts for establishing and growing a business. Wendy’s practice also includes EU law, sponsorship and advertising, consumer law, logistics and procurement contracts, and an expertise in the food and beverage sector.
Wendy’s commercial nous was sharpened by a decade of in-house legal roles. Several years as Group Counsel and Chief Regulatory Officer for an international telecommunications company was followed by acting as retained counsel for commercial enterprises, and an extended consultancy position with the legal department of Diageo Ireland. The insights gained from working in industry ensure that clients achieve effective, practical and legally robust outcomes.
Wendy was elected to Dublin City Council in 2004, and served as a Councillor for several years.
- Commercial Contracts and Outsourcing
- Consumer law and e-commerce
- Privacy and data security
- Food & Beverage
- Technology Media and Communications
- EU Law
- Advising Nest Labs (purchased by Google for €3.2 billion), a leader in the Internet of Things, on the establishment of its European operations and on a full suite of commercial contracts for Ireland and across Europe, with wholesalers, retailers, online sellers and platforms, installation companies, and energy / utility companies, as well as intragroup agreements, and B2C terms, privacy policies, End-User Licences and ecommerce and technology issues.
- Advising companies such as Fujitsu, Capgemini, PwC, Travelport and Allied Foods on outsourcing agreements, framework agreements, technology licences, international services and sales agreements, consultancy agreements and customer contracts.
- Advised LM Ericsson on supply contracts relating to data and mobile phone networks.
- Advising on product safety, product recalls, advertising, sales and promotions for Irish and multinational manufacturers, particularly in the technology, food, medical devices and electronics sectors.
- Advising RTÉ on commercial contracts related to the broadcast and transmission functions of RTÉ.
- Advising food businesses on procurement, supply and sale arrangements, on labelling, advertising and consumer law; on the introduction of the EU’s Food Information Regulation.
- Advising a US based multinational on the Irish and EU regulation of food supplements, and on the powers of the Health Products Regulatory Authority and the Food Safety Authority of Ireland in respect of traditional herbal medicinal products and ingredients in food supplements.
Chambers & Partners Europe, Europe's Leading Lawyers, 2015
"super productive, highly efficient and business minded."
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Speaker on Cyber-risk and Data Protection at the Irish Centre for cloud computing & Commerce (IC4), December 2015