Peter is a Partner in our Energy and Natural Resources practice, advising on Irish and European law and regulation applicable to Irish energy projects.
He advises project sponsors, lenders, utilities and regulatory authorities in relation to all aspects of the Irish electricity, natural gas and petroleum sectors, as well as related areas of law such as environmental permitting and energy efficiency obligations. Peter also advises large energy consumers on efficient and diverse procurement strategies.
Peter has advised in relation to major Irish thermal and renewable, onshore and offshore, electricity generation projects, as well as the development of an Irish LNG gasification terminal.
- Energy and natural resources
- Projects and infrastructure
- Regulated industries
- Advising Cubico Sustainable Investments in relation to the acquisition and project financing of the Cordal wind farm in Cordal, Co Kerry.
- Advising Brookfield Renewable Ireland in relation to its deal to supply renewable electricity to Facebook to power its new Irish data centres.
- Acting for NTR plc in relation to the project financing of its 17.5MW Coollegrean wind farm and its 9MW Teevurcher wind farm.
- During 2016 alone, acting for Nord LB in financing the 33MW Glencarbry wind farm, the 32MW Dromadda More wind farm and the 56MW Cloghboola wind farm, and in re-financing the 44.5MW Knocknagoum wind farm and the 42.8MW Leitir Gungaid wind farm.
- Advising Cloosh Valley Wind Farm Limited, a joint venture between SSE Renewables Ireland Limited and Coillte, in relation to the development of a planned 105MW wind farm.
- Advising generators, utilities and lenders in relation to changes that are proposed to be made to the all-island wholesale electricity market, as part of the Integrated Single Electricity Market (I-SEM) project.
- Advising private and publicly-owned bidders for major Irish portfolios of thermal and renewable energy assets, including auction processes involving assets of ESB, Airtricity and Bord Gáis Energy.
- Acting for the owner of a combined cycle gas turbine electricity generating station located in Co Galway, in relation to ongoing operational matters and its interaction with the all-island wholesale electricity market.
Chambers and Partners, 2013
"He is strong on detail but does not get lost in it. He is approachable and the quality of his work is excellent."
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Presenting “Ireland – energy update 2015” at European Energy Day, Hamburg, November 2015