Muireann is a senior associate in our Financial Services department and member of the Energy, Utilities & Projects team.
She regularly advises Irish and international financial institutions, corporate borrowers and investors on a range of domestic and cross-border transactions, to include secured and unsecured debt finance structures, commercial real estate finance and project finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on wind energy projects.
Muireann also advises financial institutions, companies and directors on company law issues arising on financing transactions.
- Project Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Development Finance
- Acted for Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale on the project financing of Magheramore Wind Farm, with debt facilities in excess of €70 million and electricity generation capacity of 40.8MW.
- Advised Cloosh Valley Wind Farm Limited, a joint venture between SSE Renewables Ireland Limited and Greencoat Renewables plc, in relation to the financing of the development of the 105MW Cloosh Valley wind farm, part of the Galway Wind Park.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. on the financing of iCare Housing’s mortgage to rent scheme, part of Ireland’s social housing and impaired mortgage resolution initiatives.
- Advised Ulster Bank Ireland DAC on the financing of the €33 million acquisition of Beechfield Care nursing homes by the German based IMMAC Group.
Legal 500, 2019
“Recommended Lawyer”, Muireann Hernon is “an exceptional talent”.