Jenny is a partner on our Financial Services team. She focuses on advising international clients doing business in or through Ireland. Jenny has extensive experience in dealing with cross border issues and multi-jurisdictional finance transactions.
Her wealth of experience includes advising on notable acquisition finance transactions as well as a range of corporate lending, commercial real estate finance and development finance transactions, asset finance as well as corporate restructuring. She has also assisted a number of clients with high profile work outs, debt restructurings and significant portfolio acquisitions & disposals.
- Banking and Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Acquisition Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. as agent for syndicated facilities advanced to a leading Irish specialist clothing manufacturer and secured over assets located in Europe, Asia, the US and the Channel Islands.
- Acted as Investors’ counsel for the issuance of circa. €120 million senior secured notes by a well-known investor in healthcare properties.
- Advised as lead counsel to Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. on the loan facilities provided to Innovu Group, an MML Growth Capital Partners Ireland vehicle, in respect of the acquisition of Wexford Insurances Group, one of Ireland’s leading equestrian insurance brokerages.
- Acted for the lenders to Kenmare Resources plc, an Irish plc listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Irish Stock Exchange, on its debt facilities including a term loan facility and revolving credit facilities totalling US$150 million.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. on the loan facilities provided to assist with the acquisition of Eastland Engineering Supply Company Limited, a leading outsourced provider of integrated supply chain services associated with maintenance, repair & overhaul activities in large manufacturing facilities, with a particular focus to date on the pharma, food and beverage sectors.
- Acted as lead counsel to Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c on its loan facilities to Discovery Travel Limited to assist with the acquisition of the Travel Department, a leading tour operator in Ireland and the UK for guided group holidays.
Legal 500, 2019
Jenny Ahern attracts high praise for her "encyclopedic knowledge of all banking and property disciplines".
Chambers & Partner, 2019
"Her key qualities are her technical knowledge and her ability to drive a transaction to financial close. She understands the commercial points very well."
Chambers & Partners, 2018
“Extremely competent and approachable". Clients value the "simple way she explains the legal and commercial aspects of the deal, balancing both."
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Tutor on Irish Tax Institute’s Certificate of Banking Taxation course - May 2013