David is a partner in our Corporate team, practising in the areas of equity capital markets and securities law.
Between 2016 and 2019, David headed the New York office of Mason Hayes & Curran.
David is also a member of our Capital Markets team and advises listed and unlisted corporate clients and financial advisers on public company transactions, debt and equity offerings, share buybacks, reorganisations and corporate finance.
- Capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Private equity
- Advising Goldman Sachs International in connection with the €718m offer by way of recommended scheme of arrangement by Causeway Consortium Limited for Applegreen plc.
- Advised JP Morgan Cazenove in providing cash confirmation in respect of the successful bid for Independent News & Media plc by Mediahuis N.V.
- Advised Wells Fargo in providing cash confirmation in respect of the recommended bid for Green REIT plc by Henderson Park.
- Advised a Canadian pension fund on Irish law aspects of its European medium-term note programme on the Global Exchange Market, and subsequent debt issuances.
- Represented Global Shares plc on a significant investment from Motive Partners, a US-headquartered private equity fund.
- Acted for la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its acquisition of a 25% interest in One51 plc and a subsequent shareholder- approved swap-up transaction and listing of IPL Plastics, Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Led the team representing Kneat Solutions Limited in its reverse takeover by kneat.com, Inc. with a view to gaining a listed holding company on the TSXV market of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Activision Blizzard, Inc. In its $5.9bn recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement for King Digital Entertainment plc.
- Advised Irish Residential Properties REIT plc on its €215m secondary offering on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Acting for Tribute Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., headquartered in Ontario, in its combination with POZEN Inc., headquartered in North Carolina, under a new Irish holding company to be named Aralez Pharmaceuticals plc.
Legal 500, 2019
Clients praise David for being “responsive and helpful”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
David lectures regularly on topics in company law and securities law to a wide variety of audiences.