David is a partner in our Corporate team, practising in the areas of equity capital markets and securities law.
Between 2016 and 2019, David headed the New York office of Mason Hayes & Curran.
David is also a member of our Capital Markets team and advises listed and unlisted corporate clients and financial advisers on public company transactions, debt and equity offerings, share buybacks, reorganisations and corporate finance.
- Capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Private equity
- Advising Goldman Sachs International in connection with the €718m offer by way of recommended scheme of arrangement by Causeway Consortium Limited for Applegreen plc.
- Advised SCISYS on its inversion under an Irish holding company and admission to AIM and Euronext Dublin and on the recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement by CGI, Inc.
- Advised JP Morgan Securities plc on its role as financial adviser to Mediahuis NV in connection with its recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement for Independent News & Media plc.
- Advised JP Morgan Cazenove in providing cash confirmation in respect of the successful bid for Independent News & Media plc by Mediahuis N.V.
- Advised Wells Fargo Securities International Limited on its role as financial adviser to Henderson Park NV in connection with its recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement for Green REIT plc.
- Advised a Canadian pension fund on Irish law aspects of its European medium-term note programme on the Global Exchange Market, and subsequent debt issuances.
- Represented Global Shares plc on a significant investment from Motive Partners, a US-headquartered private equity fund.
- Acted for la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its acquisition of a 25% interest in One51 plc and a subsequent shareholder- approved swap-up transaction and listing of IPL Plastics, Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Led the team representing Kneat Solutions Limited in its reverse takeover by kneat.com, Inc. with a view to gaining a listed holding company on the TSXV market of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Activision Blizzard, Inc. In its $5.9bn recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement for King Digital Entertainment plc.
- Advised Irish Residential Properties REIT plc on its €215m secondary offering on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Acting for Tribute Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., headquartered in Ontario, in its combination with POZEN Inc., headquartered in North Carolina, under a new Irish holding company to be named Aralez Pharmaceuticals plc.
Legal 500, 2021
David is a ‘Recommended Lawyer’.
Legal 500, 2019
Clients praise David for being “responsive and helpful”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
David lectures regularly on topics in company law and securities law to a wide variety of audiences.