David is a partner in our Corporate team, practising in the areas of equity capital markets and securities law.
During 2016 to 2019, David headed the New York office of Mason Hayes & Curran.
David is also a member of our Capital Markets team and advises listed and unlisted corporate clients and financial advisers on public company transactions, debt and equity offerings, share buybacks, reorganisations and corporate finance.
- Capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance
- Private equity
- Represented Global Shares plc on a significant investment from Motive Partners, a US-headquartered private equity fund.
- Acted for la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its acquisition of a 25% interest in One51 plc and a subsequent shareholder- approved swap-up transaction and listing of IPL Plastics, Inc. on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Led the team representing Kneat Solutions Limited in its reverse takeover by kneat.com, Inc. with a view to gaining a listed holding company on the TSXV market of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Activision Blizzard, Inc. In its $5.9bn recommended offer by way of scheme of arrangement for King Digital Entertainment plc.
- Advised Irish Residential Properties REIT plc on its €215m secondary offering on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Advised on a number public offers for listed companies, such as Dragon Oil plc, Skillsoft plc and Petroceltic International plc, and in the acquisition of the Irish general insurance business of Quinn Insurance Limited (under administration) on behalf of Liberty Mutual.
- Acting for Tribute Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc., headquartered in Ontario, in its combination with POZEN Inc., headquartered in North Carolina, under a new Irish holding company to be named Aralez Pharmaceuticals plc.
Legal 500, 2019
Clients praise David for being “responsive and helpful”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
David lectures regularly on topics in company law and securities law to a wide variety of audiences.