Adam is a partner in our Real Estate team at Mason Hayes & Curran. He advises both public and private clients in relation to landlord & tenant law, commercial property, retail, food & drink sector and is a liquor licensing specialist. Adam also co-leads our dedicated Food, Beverage & Agriculture sector team.
Adam has advised on all property law aspects connected to the sale, purchase, management and financing of hotels, restaurants, retail and licensed premises in Ireland. Adam advises a variety of interest groups in the Hospitality and Food & Drink sectors; and lending institutions on a variety of capital projects, including a major loan sale in 2019.
As a member of the Projects team, Adam advises a number of developers and lending institutions in the Renewables sector, with particular expertise in solar farms.
Hotel and Leisure
Landlord and Tenant
- Acting for McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Advising Chris Kelly Group in relation to its portfolio of licensed premises (8 properties) to include the recent acquisition of a new hotel.
- Acted for a lender in providing finance to a fund/foreign hotelier in acquiring 10 hotels across Ireland.
- Acted for NAMA and Winward Management respectively in respect of Circuit Court licensing applications for the Gresham Hotel and Fleet Street Hotel.
- Advising a major Distiller in acquiring, constructing and procuring finance in respect of its new distillery to include property law and licensing law advice.
- Acted for University College Cork in acquiring the Irish Management Institute (IMI) Campus located at Sandyford, County Dublin from the IMI and the subsequent leaseback of the campus.
- Advised Cosmo Restaurants in taking a lease of new premises in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.
- Advising a number of retailers and restaurants on landlord & tenant law in the context of acquiring, terminating or re-letting their premises.
- Acting for Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners in acquiring the BGE windfarm portfolio under Project Sapphire to include property and planning due diligence of over twenty windfarms.
- Carrying out property due diligence in respect of 23 solar projects to facilitate the joint venture between Neoen and BNRG.
- Advised Five Guys in taking leases of premises at Lower Georges Street, Swords and Liffey Valley SC and associated licensing applications.