Our Investigations & White Collar Crime team advises the largest financial institutions and corporates to ensure they comply with their legal and regulatory obligations. We support our clients to proactively minimise their exposure to regulatory, civil and criminal action.
As the legal and regulatory responsibilities placed on companies become more complex, non-compliance is now more intensively scrutinised and actively enforced. Our specialist lawyers help organisations to rigorously evaluate and manage reputational risk. This involves working closely with enforcement agencies such as the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement, the Central Bank of Ireland and the National Economic Crime Bureau. Our clients include directors and officers of domestic and international corporations, private individuals and public bodies.
Our pre-eminent team has extensive experience of:
- Conducting internal and external investigations into corruption, fraud and other allegations of criminal activity
- Breaches of company law
- Inquiries and investigations including tribunals of inquiry, commissions of investigation, and other forms of inquiry
- Designing corporate defence strategies including proactive and pre-emptive measures
- Developing compliance programmes and conducting compliance audits
- Working collaboratively with advisors and regulatory bodies in international investigations
- Pursuing cross-jurisdictional actions in fraud and asset tracing
- Conducting an independent investigation into an Irish pillar bank at its request, resulting in a detailed report which was shared with the regulator, the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Acting for a private equity firm in an independent review of a large multi-jurisdictional assets acquisition which became the focus of numerous international criminal and state investigations.
- Representing a key witness in the IRBC/SiteServ Cregan Commission of Investigation.
- Representing the confidential recipient of whistle-blower complaints in a commission of investigation into alleged police corruption.
- Representing the Central Bank of Ireland on investigations into alleged irregular lending practises by a former major financial institution.