Rowena is a partner in our Financial Services team specialising in Financial Services Regulation and Investment Funds. Rowena advises on licensing and regulatory issues applying to credit institutions, insurance undertakings and intermediaries, investment firms, electronic money institutions and payment institutions and also advises new entrants to the Irish market.
Rowena also advises on the establishment, structuring and on-going obligations of all types of funds in Ireland and advises investment managers, administrators, depositaries and other service providers in respect of their operations.
Rowena advises on regulatory capital, AML, consumer credit, fitness and probity compliance with Central Bank codes and Central Bank enforcement actions.
- Advising on scope of regulation and licensing as well as on-going compliance with Central Bank requirements and regulatory obligations.
- Advising Irish credit institutions in respect of the Central Bank of Ireland’s tracker mortgage examination and other regulated entities in respect of Central Bank investigations and enforcement.
- Considering new financial services products and impact of regulation.
- Dealing with regulatory approvals, notifications and Brexit planning.
Rowena is "Highly Regarded" in the area of Financial Regulation.
Legal 500, 2020
Rowena is recognised as a “Next Generation Partner”.
Legal 500, 2019
Rowena is recognised as a “Next Generation Lawyer”.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran's Banking Seminar, March 2018, 2015, 2014 and 2013.
- Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran's London Regulation Event, June 2017.
- Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran's London Banking Event, April 2015 and April 2013.
- Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran’s Fintech Seminar, November 2016.
- Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran’s AML Seminar, July 2015.