Lisa Joyce is a Partner in the Public and Administrative Law Unit of our Litigation department. Lisa advises public and regulatory bodies, national industry and professional bodies, professional disciplinary bodies and private clients on contentious and non-contentious matters of administrative and public law generally.
This includes advising public bodies on their powers, functions and duties, matters of statutory interpretation, fair procedures, and legislative drafting, and advising public and private bodies in relation to public law litigation, principally judicial review proceedings and statutory appeals and applications.
Lisa also has a particular focus on Information Law, advising extensively on freedom of information, access to environmental information and data protection legislation.
- Public and Administrative Law
- Regulatory Law
- Professional Disciplinary Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Information Law
- Representing the Central Bank of Ireland in successfully defending three sets of urgent court proceedings challenging the administrative sanction procedure for regulated financial services providers under the Central Bank Act 1942, as amended, including the successful defence of injunction and discovery interlocutory applications. These were the first such challenges to this legislation and matters of national and European importance.
- Advising the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland on an ongoing basis in relation to its implementation and administration of energy schemes, including representing SEAI in the defending statutory appeals against its regulatory decisions pursuant to these schemes.
- Advising the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland in relation to fitness to practise inquiries.
- Representing the Commission for Regulation of Utilities in Ireland (formerly the Commission for Energy Regulation) in defending judicial-review proceedings against its decision on gas-capacity products, and on the regulation of LPG safety licence-holders and electrical supervisory bodies.
- Advising public and private bodies extensively on information law issues, including freedom of information, access to environmental information and data protection matters.
- Advising public and private bodies in bringing and defending public procurement judicial-review proceedings.
- Advising in relation to statutory investigations and inquiries.
Joint author of the Mason Hayes & Curran Freedom of Information Sourcebook (3rd edition, 2016)