Peter is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team. His practice covers advising domestic and international clients on commercial disputes, related advisory work and mediation.
Peter has extensive experience in corporate disputes, particularly shareholder disagreements and breach of warranty claims. He advises professionals and their insurers in professional negligence claims and partnerships in various professions. He has wide-ranging experience in property disputes, statutory investigations and enforcement.
He has comprehensive experience in matters involving expedited case management in the Commercial Court as well as large-scale and complex discovery, data and information governance processes and related forensic reviews. Peter also leads large-scale projects associated with all legal aspects of public inquiries.
- Dispute Resolution
- Property Disputes
- Professional Indemnity
- Corporate Disputes
- Financial Services Disputes
- Projects and Investigations
- Governance Issues
- Landlord and Tenant
- Representing Thema Asset Management Limited in the Irish Courts in a €1bn+ dispute with HSBC arising out of the collapse of Bernard Madoff Investment Services.
- Acting for an accountancy firm in defence of proceedings taken by former client and investor. Value of claim €25m.
- Acting for Activision Blizzard, Inc. on its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Acted for a major financial institution in carrying out an independent review culminating in a report which was lodged with the Regulator.
- Representing SPV OSUS in respect of losses suffered by Optimal Strategies U.S. Equity Limited following the collapse of the Madoff Ponzi scheme with an overall claim value of €3bn.
- Acting for an accountancy firm in defence of proceedings taken by former clients in relation to a number of investments. Value of claim €11m.
- Acting for parties in a range of commercial law disputes including claims for damages, injunctions and declaratory relief.
- Advising McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Acting for both Plaintiffs and Defendants in a variety of property related disputes.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Peter regularly lectures on the topic of litigation in the Law Society of Ireland.
Co-author of the Ireland chapter in the PLC Dispute Resolution Handbook/Arbitration Handbook 2010/2011