Peter is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team. He advises domestic and international clients on commercial disputes, related advisory work and contentious regulatory matters.
Peter has extensive experience in corporate disputes, particularly shareholder disagreements and breach of warranty claims. He advises professionals and their insurers in professional negligence claims and partnerships in various professions. He has wide-ranging experience in property disputes, statutory investigations and enforcement.
He has comprehensive experience in matters involving expedited case management in the Commercial Court as well as large-scale and complex discovery, data and information governance processes and related forensic reviews. Peter also leads large-scale projects associated with all legal aspects of regulatory inquiries.
- Dispute Resolution
- Property Disputes
- Professional Indemnity
- Corporate Disputes
- Financial Services Disputes
- Projects and Investigations
- Landlord and Tenant
- Privacy Litigation
- Acting for an Irish company in relation to an investigation into alleged anti-competitive behaviour by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission in the provision of tickets and the operation of ticketing services for live events.
- Acting for Aer Lingus against the Dublin Airport Authority in respect of losses that Aer Lingus incurred due to failures of a baggage system at Dublin Airport.
- Advising various institutional investors on PRS Schemes
- Advising Facebook in relation to a number of published investigations under the GDPR.
- Acting for a receiver in successfully obtaining vacant possession of Lynam’s Hotel on O’Connell Street.
- Acting for an insurance broker in respect of a Request for Information received from the European Commission in respect of an EU Commission investigation into the Irish motor insurance market
- Advising an accountancy firm in respect of multiple claims totalling EUR100 million brought by investors concerning investments in commercial property in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe.
- Acted for a major financial institution in carrying out an independent review culminating in a report which was lodged with the Regulator.
- Advising Activision Blizzard Inc. on its USD5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Peter regularly lectures on the topic of litigation in the Law Society of Ireland.
Spoke at Mason Hayes & Curran's Property Litigation Seminar in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
Co-author of the Ireland chapter in the PLC Dispute Resolution Handbook/Arbitration Handbook 2010/2011
Co- author of the Ireland chapter in Thomas Reuters Practical Law Overview of Class/Collective Actions in Ireland 2020.
Areas of Expertise
Insurance and Risk
The Law Society of Ireland
Committee member of the Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland
University College Dublin, BBLS (Int)
DePaul College of Law, Chicago , BBLS (Int)
Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Litigation
Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Law
Registered Patent Agent,