Peter is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team where he works predominantly in the area of commercial litigation, mediation and related advisory work.
He has a wide range of experience in corporate disputes, in particular advising various parties regarding multi-jurisdictional contractual/tortious disputes in a variety of matters, including advising underwriters, brokers and individuals with regard to assorted indemnity claims.
Peter also has extensive experience of advising clients where issues arise involving financial litigation, which has included acting on behalf of two parties involved in separate Madoff related proceedings with an overall value in excess of USD$3bn.
Peter has recently been involved in Court Schemes for reduction of capital and Court Schemes for transfers of business.
- Dispute Resolution
- Property Disputes
- Professional Indemnity
- Corporate Disputes
- Financial Services Disputes
- Projects and Investigations
- Governance Issues
- Landlord and Tenant
- Representing Thema Asset Management Limited in the Irish Courts in a €1bn+ dispute with HSBC arising out of the collapse of Bernard Madoff Investment Services.
- Acting for an accountancy firm in defence of proceedings taken by former client and investor. Value of claim €25m.
- Acting for Activision Blizzard, Inc. on its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Acted for a major financial institution in carrying out an independent review culminating in a report which was lodged with the Regulator.
- Representing SPV OSUS in respect of losses suffered by Optimal Strategies U.S. Equity Limited following the collapse of the Madoff Ponzi scheme with an overall claim value of €3bn.
- Acting for an accountancy firm in defence of proceedings taken by former clients in relation to a number of investments. Value of claim €11m.
- Acting for parties in a range of commercial law disputes including claims for damages, injunctions and declaratory relief.
- Advising McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Acting for both Plaintiffs and Defendants in a variety of property related disputes.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Peter regularly lectures on the topic of litigation in the Law Society of Ireland.
Co-author of the Ireland chapter in the PLC Dispute Resolution Handbook/Arbitration Handbook 2010/2011