We understand that employment law has a profound impact on our clients and their operations on a daily basis.
Our Employment Law and Benefits Law team is one of the largest and most dynamic in Ireland, delivering a seamless service of strategic, commercial and practical employment law advice to national and international businesses.
With extensive experience advising a broad mix of clients from a variety of sectors including technology, financial services, manufacturing, retail, healthcare and professional services, our team provides a ‘cradle to grave’ service to businesses, in both contentious and non-contentious employment law issues. Our team is also regarded as the go-to firm for professional services disputes around Dublin.
We pride ourselves on tailoring our services to each of our clients. Whether we are providing general employment law advice, business immigration support or advice on dispute resolution, we ensure that each client has access to a team of lawyers who know and understand their business and legal needs.
Our team ensures that our clients are kept up-to-date on the important developments that will impact their businesses and employees by providing regular employment law insights, workshops, top tips seminars, podcasts and bespoke on and off-site training.
Employment & Benefits Law Services
- Employment Contracts, Policies and Procedures
- High Court litigation and employment injunctions
- Unfair Dismissals
- Employee Benefits Law
- Business Immigration and employment permits
- Health and Safety
- Industrial Relations and dealing with Trade Unions
- Pensions Law
- Post-termination restrictions, non-compete and non-solicitation provisions
- Re-organisation and Redundancy
- TUPE Regulations and outsourcing arrangements
- Whistleblowing / Protected Disclosures
- Protective leave
- Atypical work arrangements (part time, fixed term, agency, flexible working)
- Payment of Wages
- Working Time
- Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation
- Absence Management
- Investigations, disciplinary action and mediation
- Termination of Employment
- Severance Packages
- Employment Law in Education
Chambers Europe, 2016
"everything you'd expect from a top firm"
Chambers Europe, 2015
"The lawyers quickly identify the legal merits of a case."
Legal 500, 2016
provides ‘advice grounded in common sense’
Chambers Europe, 2014
‘The team has great technical ability and is able to develop a strategy of how best to go about the issue and deal with the situation.’
Legal 500, 2014
Has niche strength advising employers.
Legal 500, 2013
Mason Hayes & Curran’s clients appreciate the ‘practical advice, business acumen and depth of the team’.
Chambers Europe, 2013
“Helpful, informative and aligned to our needs. The lawyers manage negotiations very well.”
- Retained employment counsel to major US groups including Activision, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xerox, PayPal, Intel, Accenture, Liberty Insurance, MacAfee, Zenimax, Western Union, Arvato Financial Services, Renault and Yahoo!
- Advised a large multinational company on the removal of its CEO and his subsequent replacement, including issues in relation to fitness and probity.
- Involvement in several multijurisdictional projects in relation to works councils, employee representation and general employment law issues for clients such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Leopold Kostal, CIENA, Verizon and Accenture.
- First law firm to represent both employer and employee clients in both civil (injunctive) and statutory proceedings under the newly enacted Protected Disclosures Act 2014.
- Appointed as primary outside counsel to one of the world’s largest multinational technology companies. Recently advised on the proposed restructuring of its business, the law in relation to lay off/temporary closure and the right of contractors to carry out industrial action at the client’s site.
- Advise one of the world’s largest international insurance brokers on employment related issues and recently advised on employment issues related to the acquisition of a large financial services provider and related issues.
- Advised a global food manufacturer in relation to alleged breach of restrictive covenants.
- Acted for a global pharmaceutical company in relation to significant collective redundancies being effected in its Irish operation.
- Advised McKesson Corporation on the employment related issues of its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of Irish FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Provided employment law and pensions advice to the successful bidder of a significant loan portfolio. This portfolio comprised properties in Ireland and the UK and had an unpaid loan balance of €5.6 billion and gross liabilities of €6 billion.
- Provided pension advice to NAMA on the pension arrangements of a number of formerly high-net-worth individuals who are not debtors of various banks.