We are Ireland's leading dedicated employment law team with 20 lawyers who are consistently rated as thought leaders and experts in their field. Major companies rely on our experience and commercial awareness to advise on all aspects of workplace legal issues, both contentious and non-contentious in nature.
We understand that employment law has a profound impact on our clients and their operations on a daily basis. Accordingly, all team members are recognised specialists in the area of employment law. We deliver a seamless service of strategic, commercial and practical employment law advice to national and international businesses.
With extensive experience advising a broad mix of clients from a variety of sectors including technology, financial services, manufacturing, retail, healthcare and professional services, our team provides a ‘cradle to grave’ service to businesses.
We pride ourselves on tailoring our services to each of our clients. Whether we are providing general employment law advice, business immigration support or advice on dispute resolution, we ensure that each client has access to a team of lawyers who know and understand their business and legal needs.
Our team ensures that our clients are kept up-to-date on the important developments that will impact their businesses and employees by providing regular employment law insights, workshops, top tips seminars, podcasts and bespoke on and off-site training.
Employment & Benefits Law Services
- Employment Contracts, Policies and Procedures
- High Court litigation and employment injunctions
- Unfair Dismissals
- Employee Benefits Law
- Business Immigration and employment permits
- Health and Safety
- Industrial Relations and dealing with Trade Unions
- Pensions Law
- Post-termination restrictions, non-compete and non-solicitation provisions
- Re-organisation and Redundancy
- TUPE Regulations and outsourcing arrangements
- Whistleblowing / Protected Disclosures
- Protective leave
- Atypical work arrangements (part time, fixed term, agency, flexible working)
- Payment of Wages
- Working Time
- Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation
- Absence Management
- Investigations, disciplinary action and mediation
- Termination of Employment
- Severance Packages
- Employment Law in Education
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2017
“Very commercially and solution-focused "
Legal 500, 2017
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2016
"Everything you'd expect from a top firm"
Legal 500, 2016
Provides ‘advice grounded in common sense’
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2015
"The lawyers quickly identify the legal merits of a case."
- Advised a large financial institution in defending High Court injunction proceedings and the full hearing of the action regarding the suspension of an employee. The case considered the law in relation to suspension and when, if ever, a suspension could become unlawful due to delay.
- We recently advised a large financial institution on a proposed change to their compulsory retirement age from 60 to 65. We provided legal advice on the proposal and amended all scheme documentation to take account of the change. The project involved negotiations between employer and unions, and we advised on the process to be adhered to.
- Acted for a global public food company in High Court proceedings to restrain picketing on its plant following an industrial dispute.
- Retained employment counsel to major US groups including Activision, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Xerox, PayPal, Intel, Accenture, Liberty Insurance, MacAfee, Zenimax, Western Union, Arvato Financial Services, Renault and Yahoo!
- Advised a large multinational company on the removal of its CEO and his subsequent replacement, including issues in relation to fitness and probity.
- Involvement in several multijurisdictional projects in relation to works councils, employee representation and general employment law issues for clients such as LinkedIn, Adobe, Leopold Kostal, CIENA, Verizon and Accenture.
- First law firm to represent both employer and employee clients in both civil (injunctive) and statutory proceedings under the newly enacted Protected Disclosures Act 2014.
- Appointed as primary outside counsel to one of the world’s largest multinational technology companies. Recently advised on the proposed restructuring of its business, the law in relation to lay off/temporary closure and the right of contractors to carry out industrial action at the client’s site.
- Advise one of the world’s largest international insurance brokers on employment related issues and recently advised on employment issues related to the acquisition of a large financial services provider and related issues.
- Advised a global food manufacturer in relation to alleged breach of restrictive covenants.
- Acted for a global pharmaceutical company in relation to significant collective redundancies being effected in its Irish operation.
- Advised McKesson Corporation on the employment related issues of its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of Irish FTSE 250 company, UDG Healthcare plc.
- Provided employment law and pensions advice to the successful bidder of a significant loan portfolio. This portfolio comprised properties in Ireland and the UK and had an unpaid loan balance of €5.6 billion and gross liabilities of €6 billion.
- Provided pension advice to NAMA on the pension arrangements of a number of formerly high-net-worth individuals who are not debtors of various banks.