Maura is a Tax partner in our Taxation team. She advises a wide range of clients in the pharmaceuticals, technology and real estate sectors.
Maura has significant experience in advising domestic and international clients on a wide range of tax matters including inward investment, corporate restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property exploitation and tax-efficient financing structures. Maura regularly advises clients on tax efficient financing and structuring of property acquisitions. She also advises on stamp duty and VAT matters.
Maura was the national reporter for Ireland on the Tax Committee of the International Bar Association for 2016 and 2015. She is a member of the Law Society Tax Committee and one of their representatives on the joint Revenue committee for direct taxes.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Inward Investment
- Company Restructurings
- Real Estate Taxation
- Acted on the sale of Boulder Media Limited to Hasbro, Inc., the American multinational toy company.
- Advised McKesson Corporation on its acquisition of the pharmaceutical distribution business of UDG Healthcare plc for consideration of $408 million.
- Advised on tax aspects of the successful acquisition of the Ulster Bank portfolio of loans known as Project Clear.
- Acted for the shareholders in SteriPack Limited on the sale of its medical device packaging operations and related value-added services to Bemis Company, Inc.
- Acted for the shareholders in OSG Outsource Services Group Limited which was acquired by Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc.
- Represented Genable Technologies Limited, an Irish privately held venture-capital backed biopharmaceutical company, on the sale of the company to Spark Therapeutics Inc., a NASDAQ listed leading US gene therapy company.
- Advising Dragon Oil on post-transaction tax matters relating to the multi-billion cash offer by Emirates National Oil Company.
- Advised GuestLogix Inc. on the acquisition of OpenJaw Technologies Limited for $41.2 million.
- Advised Owens & Minor, Inc. on its acquisition of the ArcRoyal Group.
- Acted for Deutsche Bank in its structured acquisition of more than 600 properties in Ireland.
- Advised major multinational software company on all Irish tax aspects of an internal group reorganisation with cross cross-bordernts.
- Represented the shareholders of Storyful Limited on the €18m disposal of the business to News Corp.
- Represented the shareholders of Tax Free Worldwide on its disposal to Exponent.
- Represented the shareholders of AMT-SYBEX Group Limited on the sale to Capita plc for an aggregate consideration of €127 million.
- Advised Ziggurat Student Investment Fund Unit Trust on the establishment of one of the first post-AIFMD real estate funds in Ireland, a QIAIF.
Chambers Europe, 2016
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Maura has lectured in Personal and Corporate Tax for the Irish Taxation Institute. Maura also acted as course moderator for the Professional Skills Corporate Tax course in the final part of the Chartered Tax Adviser exams.
- Maura spoke at the annual International Bar Association conference on Innovation Incentives in Ireland.
Contributing editor to Evelyn Forde’s book “Taxation of Company Restructurings in Ireland” published by Bloomsbury Professional.