We hosted a webinar on Thursday 21 January looking at Data Protection and how secondary schools operate. At the webinar, we revealed the results of a 2021 survey highlighting the Data Protection challenges that impact schools. This survey was conducted in collaboration with the National Association of Principals and Deputies (NAPD).
Issues our Education Team discussed include:
• Data access requests
• The role of the data controller and storing data
• What precautions should staff take in relation to online teaching?
• The essentials of a data protection policy
• Who is entitled to CCTV footage and who pays for it?
• Data protection challenges in a COVID-19 environment
You can contact the speakers directly:
Paul Byrne, Deputy Director, NAPD
Ian O'Herlihy, Partner & Head of Education, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP - firstname.lastname@example.org
Liam Riordan, Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP - email@example.com
Catherine Kelly, Senior Associate, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP - firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ruddy, BL, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP - email@example.com
To view the webinar, please click the video below.