We hosted a webinar on Wednesday 20 January looking at Data Protection and how primary schools operate. At the webinar, we revealed the results of a 2021 survey highlighting the Data Protection challenges that impact schools. This survey was conducted in collaboration with the National Association of Principals and Deputies (NAPD).
Issues our Education Team also discussed:
• Data access requests
• The role of the data controller and storing data
• What precautions should staff take in relation to online teaching?
• The essentials of a data protection policy
• Who is entitled to CCTV footage and who pays for it?
• Data protection challenges in a COVID-19 environment
You can contact the speakers directly:
Ian O'Herlihy, Partner & Head of Education, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Paul Rochford, Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Fiona Sheil, Associate, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
David Ruddy, BL, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Aine Haberlin, Trainee Solicitor, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
To view the webinar, please click the video below.