On Thursday 13 October we hosted a webinar on Financial Regulation: Prepare for the SEARing Heat.
With the publication of the Central Bank (Individual Accountability Framework) Bill 2022, the scope for personal exposure and director/manager liability within Irish regulated financial firms will expand dramatically. At this webinar we explored this topic and help you prepare for Ireland’s senior executive accountability regime (SEAR).
Our panel of MHC experts discussed the impact of the Bill and of implementation of SEAR, focusing on the personal impacts for individual directors and managers. We were delighted to also be joined by Chris Finney, a partner at Fox Williams in London and a specialist in representing senior managers under investigation by the UK Financial Conduct Authority, who gave us an overview of the UK experience in this area. Davina Saint, an independent non-executive director, shared her thoughts on the possible impacts of the new Irish regime on senior-level talent acquisition and retention within Irish firms.
- Chris Finney, Partner, Fox Williams
- Davina Saint, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Peter Johnston, Dispute Resolution Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Sarah Cloonan, Financial Regulation Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Ger Connolly, Employment Law & Benefits Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
The event was moderated by Liam Flynn, Partner & Co-Head of Financial Regulation, Mason Hayes & Curran.