We are a leading and trusted intellectual property advisor to a wide variety of multinationals, indigenous companies, third level institutions and state bodies. Our dedicated Intellectual Property team specialises in protecting, capitalising and maximising our clients’ investments in their IP.
Our global coverage and sector focus on technology, energy, built environment, financial services, healthcare and life sciences sets our practice apart. We have an extensive practice in both non-contentious and contentious IP issues. We are experienced both domestically and across jurisdictions. We understand the unique challenges faced by our clients and our leading lawyers consistently deliver innovative and strategic solutions to meet them. We pride ourselves in our approach to IP disputes as a case done differently.
We can assist you in planning, developing and implementing your IP strategy by advising you on the commercialisation, creation, acquisition, protection, exploitation and enforcement of your IP portfolio and if necessary, litigate on your behalf to enforce your rights.
- Contentious and non-contentious IP issues
- Transactional IP
- IP strategies, protection and enforcement
- Exploitation of IP (licencing, assignment, franchising and distribution)
- Research and development contracts
- Technology transfer
- Patent, trade mark, copyright and design rights infringement
- Passing off
Chambers & Partners, 2020
The lawyers have "a significant depth of knowledge and are very committed to their clients".
- Acting for Fresenius in patent infringement proceedings regarding the launch of Amgevita® by Amgen, a biosimilar of Humira® which is currently the world’s top selling drug.
- Acting for Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited in separate SPC and patent revocation proceedings before the Commercial Court regarding the product Tiotropium Bromide Monohydrate.
- Acting for UPC Ireland Limited, a major internet service provider, in copyright infringement proceedings taken by the Irish recording companies, Sony, Warner and Universal to combat illegal P2P filesharing seeking the introduction of a court ordered graduated response system for an injunction.
- Acting for Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited, one of Ireland’s leading telecommunications and internet service providers, in trade mark infringement and comparative advertising proceedings against Eircom Limited, a competitor in the market.