Eoin is a partner in our Construction department and a leading member of the Energy, Utilities and Projects team.
Energy Law is a significant part of Eoin’s expertise. He has acted for developers, investors and funders on the development, financing, acquisition and disposal of a significant number of energy projects and portfolios in Ireland with a focus on renewables. Eoin is recognised as a leading practitioner in this sector.
He also provides advice to clients on construction, planning, environmental regulatory and grid connection for complex infrastructure projects during development, construction and operation.
In contentious matters, Eoin has acted for clients in a number of High Court and Commercial Court proceedings, conciliations and arbitrations representing the interests of employers, contractors and sub-contractors in the resolution of disputes in high-value matters in the energy and construction sectors.
Eoin is the president of the Energy and Environment Commission in AIJA and has been recognised by Who’s Who as an expert lawyer on environmental matters.
- Energy Law
- Construction and Engineering
- Projects (including energy, water and transport)
- Health & Safety
- Environmental law
- Litigation / Arbitration / Conciliation
- Acted for the National Treasury Management Agency as controller and manager of the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund on the structuring of an investment with Capital Stage AG for investment in solar projects.
- Acted for NTR plc. in respect of its successful acquisition of the Bunnyconnellan wind farm.
- Acted for Element Power Ireland Limited in its successful acquisition of Kilathmoy wind farm.
- Acted for Nord LB in the financing of the Knockalough wind farm.
- Acted for Greencoat Renewables plc. in respect of its successful acquisition of the operational Tullynamoyle II Wind Farm.
- Acted for Allied Irish Banks plc. on the financing of the construction, operation and maintenance of the Killala Community Wind Farm.
- Advised Cubico Sustainable Development Limited as owner of the 90 MW Cordal wind farm in relation to the termination of FIDIC based contracts and associated matters arising from the examinership of Dennis Moriarty the Kerries Limited.
- Advising the Department of Communications Climate Action & Environment on the Project Agreement for the National Broadband project in respect of design, build and operate arrangements.
- Advising the Environmental Protection Agency in relation to financial provision requirements for the EPA’s licensing regime including the potential for using insurance as a financial provision.
- Advised Panelto Foods Unlimited on the design and construction of a multi-million euro extension of its industrial bakery and food processing factory in Longford.
Chambers & Partners, 2019
“Very good” and “very confident”.
Legal 500, 2019
Construction expert, Eoin Cassidy is recognised as a “Leading Individual”.
Legal 500, 2019
“The firm’s specialist for construction matters in the energy sector”.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
"Proven track record" in the field and an "exceptional client base."
Legal 500, 2018
‘Leading Individual’, Eoin Cassidy is “outstanding”.
Chambers Europe, 2016
"exceptionally good lawyer"
Who’s Who Legal, 2016
Eoin is listed as an expert lawyer on environmental matters.
Chambers Europe, 2015
recommended for his work on construction mandates in the energy sector
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Lecturer on the Law Society’s diploma in Environmental and Planning Law