Eoin is a partner in our Construction team and practises in both contentious and non-contentious construction law. He advises and represents state bodies, banks, developers, contractors, engineers, and other construction professionals on construction, energy, planning and environmental matters.
Energy Law is a significant part of Eoin’s expertise. He has acted for funders and developers in relation to the financing, acquisition and disposal of a significant number of wind farm projects in Ireland. He also provides on-going advice to wind farm developers on construction, planning, environmental and grid connection for projects at the pre-development and construction stage. In addition, Eoin has advised contractors on contractual issues in design, build and operate contracts for power plants.
On the contentious side, Eoin has acted for clients in a number of High Court and Commercial Court proceedings, conciliations and arbitrations representing the interests of employers, contractors and sub-contractors in the resolution of disputes in high-value matters.
Eoin is the president of the Energy and Environment Commission in AIJA and has been recognised by Who’s Who as an expert lawyer on environmental matters.
- Construction and Engineering
- Projects (including energy, water and transport)
- Health & Safety
- Environmental law
- Litigation / Arbitration / Conciliation
- Energy Law
- Acted for Cubico Sustainable Investments Limited in the acquistion, financing and development of the 90MW Cordal Wind Farm.
- Advised Neoen on its joint venture arrangements with BNRG for the development of a portfolio of solar projects with a maximum export capacity of 220MW.
- Acted for Nord LB in the financing of the Glencarbry and Dromadda More Wind farms
- Acting for wind farm developers and lenders on the project financing of wind farms with a combined funding value of approximately €1 billion and a maximum export capacity in excess of 800MW.
- Representing the lead developer in the negotiation of sub-group arrangements for the development of grid infrastructure on a contestable basis to facilitate the connection of approximately 300MW of capacity.
- Advised Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners in the acquisition of Bord Gáis Éireann’s renewable energy portfolio and the subsequent financing of two separate portfolios of these assets.
- Advising the Grangegorman Development Agency on construction issues arising in respect of the development of the 73 acre site in the centre of Dublin. Eoin has advised the Grangegorman Development Agency on all issues relating to the appointment of design team professionals and contractors for this award winning project.
- Representing White Cedar Developments in the reported High Court proceedings White Cedar Developments v Cordil Construction, the first case before the High Court to consider the termination provisions in the Public Works Contract.
- Advising the Environmental Protection Agency in relation to financial provision requirements for the EPA’s licensing regime including the potential for using insurance as a financial provision.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
"Proven track record" in the field and an "exceptional client base."
Legal 500, 2018
‘Leading Individual’, Eoin Cassidy is “outstanding”.
Chambers Europe, 2016
"exceptionally good lawyer"
Who’s Who Legal, 2016
Eoin is listed as an expert lawyer on environmental matters.
Chambers Europe, 2015
recommended for his work on construction mandates in the energy sector
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Lecturer on the Law Society’s diploma in Environmental and Planning Law