We are delighted to sponsor a new Artificial Intelligence accelerator programme, Alsessor. The programme was recently launched by Altada Technology Solutions, Trinity College Dublin and Tangent, Trinity’s Ideas Workspace and is aimed at AI start-ups working in Retail, Digital Health, FinTech, InsurTech, Regulatory and Compliance sectors.
As well as gaining access to expertise, mentorship, masterclasses and workshops during the accelerator, there is also a prize of €250,000 seed funding for one of the ten successful participants. Commenting on the sponsorship of the accelerator, Brian McElligott, IP and AI Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP, said “We are delighted to support the Alsessor AI accelerator programme. The accelerator environment is hugely beneficial for participants, and the successful companies who take part will be able to work on their business model, refine their strategy, look at ways to secure their intellectual property and further build their industry network.”
The successful companies who will take part in the accelerator were announced at a launch event in February 2021 featuring Robert Troy TD, Minister for Trade Promotion, Digital and Company Regulation. Hundreds of applications from around the world were received from early stage start-ups, and ten have been chosen:
- AIMap IT, a GIS inventory mapping tool for telecos and other utility providers
- Empeal, a SaaS health risk and productivity platform for medical practitioners
- FOV (Field of Vision), a Haptic Tablet/Assistive tech to assist the visually impaired in a immersive sports experience
- Meta-Flux, an AI-assisted detection diagnostics platform for disease prevention
- Pepp1, a consolidated digital global pensions wallet
- RafiQ, a colloquial Arabic personal voice assistant
- Syze, a recommendation sizing tool for Fashion retailers
- Tiro, an Intelligent Voice assisted minute maker
- Voala, a Virtual try on tool to enhance the customer experience for Jewellery retailers
- XR Concepts, the AI Golf Coach
For more information on the accelerator, click here.