Shane is a partner in the Construction & Engineering team at Mason Hayes & Curran. Shane practices in both contentious and non-contentious construction law. He advises all construction professionals on all aspects of construction contracts, including FIDIC, GCCC, IEI, JCT, NEC, RIAI, and bespoke forms.
Shane’s clients include a broad mix of Irish state authorities, funds, developers, contractors, banks, insurers and construction professionals across a number of sectors, including public infrastructure, technology, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, education, student accommodation, healthcare, commercial, hotel, retail and residential.
- Construction & Engineering
- Arbitration / Conciliation
- Health & Safety
- Maritime and Shipping
- Planning / CPOs / Environmental
- Advising a U.S. developer fund on the multi-billion euro development of a 400 acre site in South Dublin, which includes roads, residential, office, hotel, business park and retail development. It is the largest mixed use development ever undertaken in Ireland.
- Advising one of Ireland’s largest developers on the development of a number of substantial office and residential developments at a number of Dublin City Centre sites.
- Advising a leading global engineering, construction and project management company in relation to the procurement and construction of a number of pharma and technology, manufacturing and renewable energy plants in Ireland (total development value exceeding €2bn).
- Acting for US real estate fund in the redevelopment of a well-known Dublin shopping centre.
- Advising international wind farm developer in relation to Commercial Court proceedings relating to design and construction issues at two wind farms.
- Advising one of Ireland’s largest developers in relation to the acquisition and development of residential development sites in Dublin (approx 1,500 units in total), including a number of forward purchase transactions.
- Advising an institutional investor in relation to the development of a number of office sites in Dublin City Centre.
- Advising an Irish developer group in relation to the development and finance of hotels on prime Dublin city centre sites, including use of traditional development finance and forward-fund structures.
Chambers & Partners, 2018
Shane Dolan receives praise from clients for being "easy to work with, understanding our business and having a pragmatic business approach from a legal and commercial side."
Legal 500, 2018
Shane Dolan attracts client praise for being “decisive”.
Chambers & Partners, 2016
"The best in terms of bringing things to the point and getting us to the solution quickly."
Legal 500, 2016
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Guest speaker at the UK Trade mission in Dublin Airport, 2018
Contract Strategies for Real Estate Development, 2017
Author of “Set-off against certified sums: a change of direction?” in Construction Law International, 2008.
Co-authored Ireland’s chapter in Construction Law and Practice (2012 Thomson Reuters), which contains jurisdictional comparisons between construction law standards in 15 jurisdictions.