Shane is a partner in our Construction & Engineering team. Shane practices in both contentious and non-contentious construction law. He advises all construction professionals on all aspects of construction contracts, including FIDIC, GCCC, IEI, JCT, NEC, RIAI, and bespoke forms.
Shane’s clients include a broad mix of Irish state authorities, funds, developers, contractors, banks, insurers and construction professionals across a number of sectors, including public infrastructure, technology, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, education, student accommodation, healthcare, commercial, hotel, retail and residential.
- Construction & Engineering
- Arbitration / Conciliation
- Health & Safety
- Maritime and Shipping
- Planning / CPOs / Environmental
- Advising a U.S. developer fund on the multi-billion euro development of a 400 acre site in South Dublin, which includes roads, residential, office, hotel, business park and retail development. It is the largest mixed use development ever undertaken in Ireland.
- Advising one of Ireland’s largest developers on the development of a number of substantial office and residential developments at a number of Dublin City Centre sites.
- Advising a leading global engineering, construction and project management company in relation to the procurement and construction of a number of pharma and technology, manufacturing and renewable energy plants in Ireland (total development value exceeding €2bn).
- Acting for US real estate fund in the redevelopment of a well-known Dublin shopping centre.
- Advising international wind farm developer in relation to Commercial Court proceedings relating to design and construction issues at two wind farms.
- Advising one of Ireland’s largest developers in relation to the acquisition and development of residential development sites in Dublin (approx 1,500 units in total), including a number of forward purchase transactions.
- Advising an institutional investor in relation to the development of a number of office sites in Dublin City Centre.
- Advising an Irish developer group in relation to the development and finance of hotels on prime Dublin city centre sites, including use of traditional development finance and forward-fund structures.
Chambers & Partners, 2020
Shane possesses "a strong technical background while being able to follow in detail how the commercial aspects of the deal evolve".
Legal 500, 2020
Shane "knows the development market inside out and brings commercial sense to a transaction".
Chambers & Partners, 2019
Shane possesses “phenomenal knowledge in construction law."
Legal 500, 2019
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Guest speaker at the UK Trade mission in Dublin Airport, 2018
Contract Strategies for Real Estate Development, 2017
Author of “Set-off against certified sums: a change of direction?” in Construction Law International, 2008.
Co-authored Ireland’s chapter in Construction Law and Practice (2012 Thomson Reuters), which contains jurisdictional comparisons between construction law standards in 15 jurisdictions.