Liam is a partner on our Corporate team and has more than 25 years’ experience in all aspects of company law. His practice is made up of both transactional and advisory work.
On the transactional side, he practices in the areas of private company mergers and acquisitions, corporate structures and re-organisations, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, foreign direct investment and corporate finance. While Liam has deal experience across many industry sectors, he has established a reputation in the renewable sector and in particular in the sale and purchase of wind farm projects.
On the advisory side, Liam advises a number of our corporate clients on technical company law and corporate governance type matters.
Liam has a reputation for being focussed and for having the temperament to get the deal done. Over the years he has developed into a highly skilled lawyer especially in company law.
- Company Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Inward Investment
- Corporate Structures and Re-organisations
- Joint Ventures and Shareholder Arrangements
- Advised Neoen on its joint venture with BNRG Renewables for the development of 220 MW of solar development projects.
- Advised Element Power Limited in relation to certain of its wind farm purchases and sales.
- Advised Gaelectric Developments Limited on its acquisition of wind farm projects.
- Advising the Turf Club on the disposal of the business and assets of Curragh Racecourse and Training Grounds to Curragh Racecourse Limited.
- Advised Cubico Sustainable Investments Limited on the acquisition of Cordal Wind Farm.
- Advised Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners on the acquisition of Bord Gáis Éireann’s renewable energy portfolio and the subsequent financing of two separate portfolios of these assets.
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2017
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2016
"Always staying three steps ahead"
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2015
A "very responsive and commercial" lawyer
Co-author of Jordan’s Irish Company Secretarial Precedents (Editions 1-4)