Liam is a partner on our Corporate team and has more than 27 years’ experience in advising a broad range of Irish and international businesses on corporate transactions across various sectors. With this wealth of experience, Liam has a reputation for being focussed, being practical and for having the temperament to get the deal done. While his practice is broad, Liam has worked quite extensively on renewables transactions, acting for developers, investors and financial institutions. Another interesting practice area for Liam is the buying and selling of nursing and retirement homes which is a sector that is currently seeing a significant amount of consolidation.
- Company Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Inward Investment
- Corporate Structures and Re-organisations
- Joint Ventures and Shareholder Arrangements
- Acted for Element Power in the sale of its Irish and UK onshore wind development operations, including approximately 1,550 MW of projects, to Norwegian state-owned utility Statkraft AS.
- Acted for NTR in the acquisition for its onshore NTR Wind 1 LP fund portfolio of the 28 MW Aeolus Wind Farm from private project developers in the Irish market.
- Acted for NTM Capital LLP on its joint venture with Global Student Accommodation and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital in respect of four substantial student housing developments at various stages of construction.
- Acting for Elis S.A in relating to its acquisition of Kings Laundry Limited.
Chambers Global, 2018
Liam has "outstanding skills in commercial negotiations."
Chambers Global, 2017
Chambers Global, 2016
"Always staying three steps ahead"
Co-author of Jordan’s Irish Company Secretarial Precedents (Editions 1-4)