Irene Nic Chárthaigh is a Senior Associate in our Banking and Financial Services team.
Irene advises major Irish banks, financial institutions, private equity funds and corporate borrowers on all aspects of banking and financial services law including property and development finance, acquisition finance and loan on loan finance transactions.
Irene also has extensive experience in representing both sellers and bidders on loan portfolio disposals and acquisitions and is skilled in guiding clients through each stage of these important transactions.
- Real Estate and Development Finance
- Non-Performing Loan Acquisitions and Disposals
- Structured Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Acquisition Finance
- Advised Permanent TSB on its non-performing loan deleveraging programme. This included acting as sole legal advisors on the €2.1bn Project Glas loan portfolio sale, which is the largest non-performing sale of its kind in the Irish market and the €500m Project Glas Tranche II loan portfolio sale. Also advised on the €1.3bn Project Glenbeigh portfolio sale structured as a securitisation
- Advised an international investment bank on the financing of the acquisition by a US private equity fund of an Irish development finance lending platform.
- Advised a leading domestic Irish bank on the development financing of a hotel in Dublin city centre.
- Acted for Bank of Ireland on its acquisition of Project Tara 2, a €260m performing corporate loan portfolio from KBC Bank.
- Advised a leading US co-location data centre provider in respect of the refinancing of their syndicated credit facilities.
Legal 500, 2021
Irene is a “standout individual”.
Legal 500, 2020
Irene “is a very promising and bright lawyer”.