Webinar: EU Considerations for Digital Health Technology
Event Date: 27 February 2020
We were delighted to host a webinar focusing on EU requirements and updates for digital health technology developers from 10am - 11am PST on February 27 2020, in conjunction with Focus Academy San Francisco.
The popularity of digital health technology has soared over the last number of years, with many products now on the market for a range of health-related issues. With the merging of health-related services and technology comes a number of challenges and legal considerations. It's essential to keep up-to-date with regulatory obligations to ensure compliance and patient safety. In this webinar, we examined the following key issues which product developers need to consider, including:
- The application of the EU Medical Devices Regulation regulatory framework – when does it apply?
- How to distinguish a health app/software medical devices from a wellness/fitness app
- Key IP considerations when preparing to market your app from both a protection and defence perspective
- The implications of using AI in your app
- Data issues and ensuring compliance with GDPR
- Cybersecurity considerations
This webinar is aimed at in-house lawyers and those in private practice in the life sciences and products industries, and will be of particular interest to companies engaged or planning to engage in digital health product development.
- John Farrell, Privacy & Data Security Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Michaela Herron, Regulatory Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Brian Johnston, Privacy & Data Security Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Brian McElligott, IP Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com