We recently held our Data Privacy In-House Counsel Masterclass in The Marker Hotel, Dublin.
It’s been almost 5 years since the GDPR first applied. Since then we have seen consistent regulatory activity, as well as continued innovation around the use of personal data. New EU rules further tightening the use of data and technology are also on the horizon. Our specialist lawyers shared their knowledge of navigating through this complex terrain and provided helpful advice for inhouse counsel on what to do now, and in the future.
Data Privacy Survey
Three out of four Irish organisations (76%) have seen an increased number of reported data breaches since 2018, according to our audience survey. We polled 200 in-house lawyers from both the public and private sector at the masterclass – read the full survey results.
Panel 1 - Key Trends in Data Privacy
- Philip Nolan, Partner & Head of Privacy & Data Security, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Oisín Tobin, Partner, Privacy & Data Security, Mason Hayes & Curran
Panel 2 - Security Breaches, Enforcement & Compliance
- Brian Johnston, Partner, Privacy & Data Security, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Julie Austin, Partner, Privacy & Data Security, Mason Hayes & Curran
Panel 3 - Data Privacy for Employers
- Melanie Crowley, Partner & Head of Employment Law, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Robert McDonagh, Partner, Privacy & Data Security, Mason Hayes & Curran
If you have a question about any of the topics discussed, don't hesitate to contact a member of our Privacy & Data Security team.