Clients know us for our specialised advice on complex investment fund formations and structures. Our integrated approach enables us to deliver strategic advice involving investment fund regulation, tax structuring, asset financing and corporate governance.
We have deep understanding and significant experience in advising fund managers on the formation and ongoing management of investment funds, including both UCITS and alternative investment funds.
We also assist clients with the negotiation of complex banking transactions and derivative documentation.
- Structuring and formation of QIAIFs
- Establishing UCITS for international distribution
- Establishing an Irish QIAIF for the acquisition of a private equity investment in a US debt settlement
- Application of AIFMD
- Establishment of ICAVs, unit trusts, variable capital companies, limited partnerships or common contractual funds
- Fund redomiciliations, mergers and conversions to ICAVs
Chambers & Partners, 2017
"Knowledgeable, pragmatic, commercially aware."
Legal 500, 2017
Chambers & Partners, 2016
"Top-quality level of service."
Chambers & Partners, 2015
"The team has a commercial mindset, and an understanding of the business side as well as the legal side of cases."
- Representing Appian Asset Management on establishing an ICAV for investment in commercial real estate.
- Advising on the establishment of a QIAIF for the acquisition of private equity investments in US debt settlement contracts, commercial judgments and factoring businesses.
- Advising IRES REIT, the first Irish REIT to focus on residential properties, on all Irish AIFMD aspects of its successful IPO and listing on the Irish Stock Exchange and its second round of fundraising.
- Establishing a QIAIF for the purpose of housing the largest food and household goods distribution centre in Ireland as well as various private equity real estate QIAIFs and residential property QIAIF.
- Advising UCITs platforms on an on-going basis including sub-investment manager approvals and complex investment strategies.