Our clients know us for our expertise and practical advice. We have vast knowledge, gained over years of experience, of the asset management and investment funds industry. We are the trusted advisors to investment managers, fund management companies, fund administrators and other financial services providers.
We have significant experience in advising fund managers on the authorisation, structuring, and ongoing management of investment funds, including UCITS, AIFs and REITs, in all legal forms. We also advise on registration requirements.
With substantial technical expertise in negotiating complex banking transactions and drafting derivative and fund documentation, our service assists clients in realising their ambitions. We work closely with our teams in Taxation, Banking and Finance, Real Estate and Corporate Governance to provide a comprehensive service; guaranteeing strategic, seamless advice.
Appreciating the speed of regulatory change, we actively monitor legal and regulatory developments, ensure our clients are informed and know what to expect in the future.
- Structuring and formation of QIAIFs
- Establishing UCITS for international distribution
- Establishing an Irish QIAIF for the acquisition of a private equity investment in a US debt settlement
- Application of AIFMD
- Establishment of ICAVs, unit trusts, variable capital companies, limited partnerships or common contractual funds
- Fund redomiciliations, mergers and conversions to ICAVs
Chambers & Partners, 2019
“Very collaborative, open and transparent, and very good in terms of clarity".
Legal 500, 2019
Possesses “particular strength”.
Chambers & Partners, 2017
"Knowledgeable, pragmatic, commercially aware."
Legal 500, 2017
- Acting for Fineco Asset Management dac on to the establishment of a UCITS management company, which is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Establishing FAM Series UCITS ICAV, an umbrella UCITS platform with thirty-six sub-funds, investing across different investment strategies including index replicating funds, high-yield bond and balanced bond portfolios, equity long-only strategies and emerging markets strategies.
- Representing Appian Asset Management on establishing an ICAV for investment in commercial real estate.
- Advising on the establishment of a QIAIF for the acquisition of private equity investments in US debt settlement contracts, commercial judgments and factoring businesses.
- Advising IRES REIT, the first Irish REIT to focus on residential properties, on all Irish AIFMD aspects of its successful IPO and listing on the Irish Stock Exchange as well as its second round of fundraising.
- Establishing a QIAIF for the purpose of housing the largest food and household goods distribution centre in Ireland as well as various private equity real estate QIAIFs and residential property QIAIF.
- Advising UCITs platforms on an on-going basis including sub-investment manager approvals and complex investment strategies.