As Ireland’s only dedicated team of Education law specialists, we provide tailored advice on every aspect of law in the education sector.
In representing our clients, we have been responsible for some of the most important legal precedents established in education and employment law over the last 25 years. We advise on all aspects of the employment relationship from recruitment to termination.
Our clients include primary and secondary schools, universities, institutes of technology, other third level colleges and educational institutions. We also act for primary and secondary school management bodies.
- HR issues and industrial disputes
- Equality and disability issues
- Judicial review proceedings
- Child protection obligations
- Enrolment, suspension and expulsion
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Competency procedures
- Student conduct and discipline issues
- Bullying and harassment issues
- Litigation and dispute management
- Governance structures
- Whistleblowing / protected disclosures
- Redundancy and outsourcing
Chambers and Partners, 2016
"Everything you'd expect from a top firm"
- Successfully challenged the decision of a statutory appeal body (Section 29 Committee) in the High Court for a Board of Management of an oversubscribed Gaelscoil.
- Represented the Board of Management of a secondary school on one of the first cases of alleged cyber bullying in schools.
- Successfully defended a Board of Management in High Court judicial review proceedings brought by a teacher.
- Represented an ETB in High Court proceedings relating to a teacher transfer and the application of the IVEA/TUI 1999 Agreement on Transfers.
- Acted for an ETB in successfully defending injunction proceedings brought by employees in the High Court, seeking to restrain investigations and disciplinary hearings.