Our Business Immigration team has vast experience in Irish immigration matters and regularly provides support to domestic and international clients on bringing non-EEA nationals to Ireland. Our team is one of the most highly respected and experienced business immigration teams in Ireland, advising a broad range of clients to include individuals, start-ups, small to medium sized businesses and global multi-national companies.
We recognise that the ability of Irish based companies to source and employ highly skilled nationals from outside the EEA is vital, particularly given the recruitment demands of companies that have located and continue to locate to Ireland. We help international companies from all over the world to on-board employees into the Irish system. In particular, we help our clients to understand the system and get their people through it as quickly and simply as possible.
Given the recent increase in employment permit inspections, we can also carry out audits of employee work permits on employers’ behalf.
Our team also advises private individuals in relation to a range of issues to include EU Treaty Rights, Irish citizenship, long term residency, de facto relationship applications and obtaining residence in Ireland through the Investor and Entrepreneur and Business Permission Schemes.
The team is led by Ger Connolly who has extensive experience on the intrinsic link between immigration law and employment law.
Complex issues can arise in Irish immigration cases and we advise and guide clients throughout, including on the following applications and issues:
- Advice on workplace permit inspections
- Work permit audits
- Critical Skills Employment Permit applications.
- General Employment Permit applications.
- Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit applications.
- Contract for Services Employment Permit applications.
- Dependant/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit applications.
- Reactivation Employment Permit applications.
- Exchange Agreement Employment Permit applications.
- Sport and Cultural Employment Permit applications.
- Internship Employment Permit applications.
- Van der Elst applications.
- Applications under the Atypical Working Scheme.
- Applications under the Business Permission Scheme.
- Applications under the Investor and Entrepreneur Schemes.
- Advice on entry into the State, registration with GNIB and Irish residency.
- Irish Visas (applications and appeals).
- Long Term Residency applications.
- EU Treaty Rights applications.
- Spouse of Irish national / civil partnership with Irish national applications.
- De Facto Relationship applications.
- Advice on entitlements under the Turkish Association Agreement.
- Advise several of the largest international technology companies on applications for Critical Skills Employment Permits, Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permits and General Employment Permit applications for a number of non-EEA national employees.
- Advised one of the largest US immigration firms in respect of applications for Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permits on behalf of a number of non-EEA employees of a large US oil and gas company.
- Advising an international mobile broadband specialist in relation to permit and visa options for various Russian and Indian nationals.
- Advise a global IT firm providing energy trading and risk management services on employment permits and business visas for US and Canadian national employees