Tanya is the Director of Client Service and a partner in the firm. She is an experienced solicitor, having spent over 20 years in practice as a commercial litigator.
Tanya’s role is to support the Firm’s service excellence and continuous improvement ethos and to help the firm to deliver superior service to all clients. Superior service means more than excellent advice. It means excellent advice that is clear, timely and highly practical.
Tanya’s work as Director of Client Service involves client liaison, the creation of bespoke service plans, the continuous development of client service standards across the firm and training and lawyer development. Her role also involves a focus on continuous improvement through innovation and change for the benefit of clients.
Tanya is the client’s voice within the firm.
- Commercial litigation
- Property related litigation
- Administrative law
- Professional Indemnity
- Insurance Claims
- Represented the Central Bank of Ireland in its defence of a constitutional challenge in respect of certain of its enforcement powers.
- Representing a client in an approximate €10million claim for professional negligence against a firm of solicitors.
- Acted for Irish corporate entity in the defence of a US$46 million Commercial Court claim arising out of the termination of a licence agreement in respect of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Acted for an international recording artist in the defence of Commercial Court proceedings arising out of the cancellation of a concert.
- Acted for UK re-insurer in Commercial Court proceedings concerning a €26 million re-insurance dispute with a captive insurer of a multi-national corporation.
- Advised lead member of banking syndicate in a multi-million Euro inter-bank dispute arising out of the funding of a significant property development in Dublin.
- Acted for an Irish commercial helicopter operator in Commercial Court proceedings seeking to establish a right to fly over lands for the first time in Irish law.
- Advised large developer in a case against the Irish government concerning the constitutionality of significant aspects of the Irish planning legislation.
- Acting for a developer in the prosecution of Commercial Court proceedings against large retailer arising from a breach of contract concerning the development of a shopping centre.
- Acting for a number of developers in the context of numerous specific performance proceedings.
- Advised various clients, to include corporate bodies and financial institutions in relation to mareva injunctions.
- Advised the Legal Aid Board in a case involving both constitutional rights and rights under the European Convention on Human Rights to include the right of access to the courts.
- Acting for the Legal Aid Board in defence of proceedings before the High Court and the Supreme Court alleging negligence and breach of duty.
- Acting for the Health and Safety Authority in the defence of two linked sets of judicial review proceedings brought before the Commercial Court.
- Advised a number of solicitors in the context of complaints made against them to the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Legal 500, 2018
"Thoughtful and strategic"
Ranked as "Next Generation lawyer"
Chambers and Partners, 2016