Neil is a partner in our Financial Services team advising on all aspects of banking and financial services law. Neil advises financial institutions and private equity funds on a range of practice areas including commercial real estate lending, acquisition finance, debt finance structures and corporate restructuring.
Neil has led the team in a number of significant loan portfolio disposals and acquisitions over the last number of years and regularly acts for both domestic institutions in the context of their deleveraging programmes and for real estate funds in their acquisition and subsequent work out of distressed debt.
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Acquisition Finance
- Debt Restructuring
- Distressed Debt
- Neil has acted as lead transaction advisor to Permanent tsb on a number of non-performing loan portfolio sales. Neil recently led the transaction team on the €2.1bn Project Glas loan portfolio sale.
- Advised AIB on a €105m refinance of a landmark building in Hanover Quay, Dublin 2.
- Advised AIB on a series of development finance facilities totalling c. €50 million which related to the development of approximately 530 residential units in the Adamstown SDZ.
- Advised Origin Capital, a non-traditional lender, in its refinancing and restructuring of a portfolio of properties including the Clarence Hotel, Dublin.
- Advised a prominent US private equity firm on its joint acquisition with Cairn Homes of Project Clear from Ulster Bank for €503 million. Project Clear had a par value of circa €2bn and comprised of approximately 20% of the available residentially zoned land in the Greater Dublin Area.
- Advised Bank of Ireland in relation to a Project Finance transaction involving the provision of a turnkey facility in Ballybrit, Co. Galway to Hewlett Packard.
Neil co-authored a chapter in the 6th edition of the Law Society of Ireland Business Law Manual, published by the Oxford University Press.