Karol is a partner working in our Financial Services team where he advises both institutional and private clients, international and domestic, on a range of practice areas including leveraged finance, acquisition finance, trade finance, commercial real estate and development finance and corporate restructuring.
Karol has significant experience advising on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions and is regularly instructed by foreign corporates, lenders and law firms in respect of Irish banking law.
- Leveraged Finance
- Development Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Acquisition Finance
- Advising Barclays Bank Ireland PLC in respect of a €105 million multi option facility to an Irish car franchisee.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of a £200 million (GBP) property acquisition and refinance facility.
- Advising Bank of Ireland in respect of acquisition of a portfolio of shopping centres by an Irish established investment vehicle.
- Advised Eli Global LLC, an international financial services company which acquires and invests in healthcare technology, in respect of the transfer of junior facilities from a subsidiary company to Southland National Insurance Corporation and the amendment of senior facilities with TPG Speciality Lending Inc.
- Advised Irish banks in funding the development of a number of high densities residential developments (collectively in excess of 1000 units).
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Regular in-house training sessions speaker in Irish Banks
Regular contributor/speaker to internal MHC training sessions
Areas of Expertise
The Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
Law Society of England and Wales
University College Dublin, BBLS
University College Dublin, LLM (Commercial Law)
University College Dublin, Diploma (Arbitration)