Karol is a partner working in our Financial Services team where he advises both institutional and private clients, international and domestic, on a range of practice areas including leveraged finance, acquisition finance, trade finance, commercial real estate, development finance and corporate restructuring. Karol also advises financial institutions and purchasers on the sale or acquisition of performing and non-performing loan portfolios.
Karol has significant experience advising on multi-jurisdictional finance transactions and is regularly instructed by foreign corporates, lenders and law firms in respect of Irish banking law.
- Leveraged Finance
- Development Finance
- Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Acquisition Finance
- Advised Barclays Bank PLC, Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. and a syndicate of banks in respect of facilities to Infravia Capital Partners for the acquisition of the Mater Private Group.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of the financing of the MBO of LotusWorks.
- Advising RBS in respect of Irish law advices on invoice discounting and receivables facilities to Harvey Nash Group.
- Advised Irish domestic lenders in funding the development of a number of high density residential developments (collectively in excess of 1500 units).
- Advising Barclays Bank Ireland PLC in respect of a €105 million multi option facility to an Irish car franchisee.
- Advised Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. in respect of a £200 million (GBP) property acquisition and refinance facility.
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
Regular in-house training sessions speaker in Irish lenders/financial institutions.
Regular contributor/speaker to internal MHC training sessions.
Areas of Expertise
The Incorporated Law Society of Ireland
Law Society of England and Wales
University College Dublin, BBLS
University College Dublin, LLM (Commercial Law)
University College Dublin, Diploma (Arbitration)