Jevan is a Partner in our Technology and Privacy and Data Security teams.
Jevan advises a range of the world’s leading tech companies, including social media networks, Silicon Valley technology multinationals, and producers of cutting-edge hardware, along with international retailers and blue chip companies.
With a keen understanding of the technical and technological, Jevan advises clients across a range of complex and challenging issues, including developing structures for international data transfers and data flows, advising on user interface and user experience compliance, analysing the compliance of cookies and advertising technology, and counselling clients on data breach management and remediation. Jevan also acts as GDPR counsel for many of the West Coast’s best known internet companies, advising on all aspects of GDPR compliance and advising on the development of new products and services in light of the GDPR’s requirements.
- Data Protection Law
- Consumer Protection
- Regulatory Law
- Contract Law
- Acting as standing European counsel to an international private social media network. Advising the company on all aspects of its EU operations, including, in particular, its GDPR compliance and readiness across the business, such as contracting with group entities and third parties, product design and development, retention and deletion of personal data, responding to data subject requests, and record-keeping and compliance obligations.
- Advising a major accounting and consultancy firm on numerous aspects of its GDPR compliance and readiness, including its complex intragroup disclosures and cross-border transfers of personal data, its role as a data controller and a data processor and the associated implications under GDPR, its contracts with vendors and clients, and its Brexit contingency proposals.
- Advising a pillar bank on the complex and challenging data protection structuring and GDPR compliance in respect of its analytics and insights service offerings, including meeting transparency obligations, lawfulness of processing personal data, and data control structures.
- Advising West Coast technology multinationals on their data subject rights compliance, including streamlining and systematising processes, providing guidance and advice on the nuances of these rights and corresponding obligations, and defending against regulatory complaints and investigations.
- Advising a statutory agency on various aspects of its data protection and GDPR compliance, including with respect to its third party and service provider relationships, contracting and statutory compliance, marketing and communications with business contacts, and sale processes, including confidentiality agreements, document access and data sharing rules and restrictions.
Legal 500, 2020
Jevan is noted as a "Rising Star" in the areas of Data Privacy and Data Protection.