We are looking to hire a Knowledge Lawyer (part-time) to support our Financial Services department, with a particular emphasis on financial services regulation.
Mason Hayes & Curran LLP is a leading Irish law firm based in Dublin with offices in San Francisco, New York and London. We are a business law firm with extensive knowledge and experience in the following sectors: Financial Services, Energy, Technology, Built Environment and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
In this context you would be primarily assigned to assisting our Financial Services Regulatory, Debt Capital Markets & Structured Finance and Investment Funds teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Lawyer to join our friendly and motivated Knowledge team. Working as part of the Knowledge team, the Knowledge Lawyer will be responsible for a number of tasks, including assisting the firm’s fee earners with technical legal queries and building the firm’s knowledge resources, including precedents and know how.
You will work with our other knowledge lawyers and report to the Director of Knowledge and Head of Financial Services. You will be involved in:
- assisting fee earners with technical legal queries;
- developing know how and precedent documentation;
- monitoring legal developments across practice areas and preparing timely internal bulletins;
- assisting with the preparation of external bulletins and ezines;
- developing handbooks and practice notes on particular areas of interest or setting out ‘firm views’;
- devising, delivering and coordinating training sessions on topical issues for fee earners of all levels; and
- promoting a knowledge sharing culture across the firm and collaborating with knowledge lawyers across other departments on centralised projects or areas of shared technical interest.
- A qualified solicitor with experience in private practice, preferably gained in a medium to large sized firm (ideally with at least 4 years’ post qualification experience). Candidates with in-house experience will also be considered. Experience in all or some of the following areas will be relevant:
- MiFID II
- Solvency II
- CRD IV/CRR
- PSD 2
- Insurance Distribution
- Securitisation Regulation
- Prospectus Regulation
- Market Abuse Regulation
- Financial sanctions
- have a strong academic background with excellent research skills and a thorough understanding of the legislative process in EU and Ireland;
- be proactive and have strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams, delivering them on time and to completion;
- have the ability to persuade and influence people, including those at senior level;
- have excellent written and communication skills;
- be confident in public speaking and delivering training;
- be highly computer literate and have an aptitude for working with technology;
- have excellent analytical and drafting skills, as well as a keen attention to detail;
- be commercially aware, understanding the needs of the firm and clients; and
- demonstrate qualities that fit with a cohesive, supportive and friendly team.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package; pension, healthcare & bonus.
- Enviable client base and strong career progression opportunities.
- Friendly and informal working atmosphere.
- Flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
- Friendly, open and informal working atmosphere.
- Focus on employee involvement, wellbeing and success.
- Social events, clubs and initiatives (Green Team, Working on Wellness, subsidised fitness classes, MHC RISE, Diversity, Sports & Social and Art Committee)
- MHC knowledge and education programme to facilitate major development as a lawyer.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply via the enclosed link.