Rachel is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Team, specialising in insurance litigation as an Insurance Lawyer. She advises Irish and international insurance companies in relation to all aspects of insurance litigation, including employer's liability, product liability, public liability and motor claims. She also advises self-insured companies in relation to risk management practices and claims handling.
Before joining the firm in 2011, Rachel worked for 12 years in a Dublin law firm which specialised in insurance defence litigation. During that time, she developed key relationships within the insurance sector and established a strong reputation as a leading industry advisor.
- Dispute Resolution
- Insurance Law
- acting for Irish Insurer with particular focus on claims arising of the agricultural sector, including farm and farming related accidents and accidents related to food and dairy production and meat processing
- acting for major national haulage and logistics companies in relation to claims related to road traffic accidents, distributions processes and warehouse and cold storage operations
- acting for major Irish shopping centres, retail parks and international retailers in relation employers liability, public liability and defamation claims and associated third party contractual matters
- advising in respect of claims related to the sports and leisure sector including accident occurring in equestrian schools, aquatic facilities and health and fitness centres
The Legal 500, 2017
Rachel is ‘extremely competent’
Chambers Global - The World's Leading Lawyers, Chambers and Partners, 2015
"Precise and detailed"
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Rachel provides bespoke training to clients in the Insurance sector on an ongoing basis. The training covers topics such as claims management, litigation practice and procedure, damages and case law and legislation updates.