Daragh is a partner in our Financial Services team. He regularly represents Irish and international corporates, banks and other financial institutions.
Daragh has extensive experience leading domestic and cross border finance transactions. His practice covers structured finance and securitisation, debt capital markets and project, real estate (investment and development) and leveraged acquisition lending. He has also worked on privatisation transactions.
Previously, Daragh was a legal counsel with Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, a multilateral development lender active in the financing of other financial institutions and major regional infrastructural projects.
Daragh also worked as a commercial lawyer for the European Union/United Nations mandated privatisation agency in Kosovo, the Kosovo Trust Agency. During that time, he advised the agency on the corporate and structuring aspects of privatisation transactions.
- Structured Finance and Securitisation
- Debt Capital Markets
- Project Finance and PPPs
- Real Estate Finance (investment and development)
- Acquisition Finance
- Providing on-going advice to a financial institution on its Euro Medium Term Note Program and the issuance of US$500 million worth of notes under that program. The notes are listed on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Advising an international financial institution on its role as an anchor investor in the issuance by Energo-Pro Varna EAD of €130 million worth of bonds. The bonds were subsequently listed on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange.
- Advised an international financial institution on its participation in a US$1.3 billion credit linked debt transaction the proceed of which were used to facilitate a subscription for 13% of the issued share capital of SOCAR Turkey Enerji A.S. (a subsidiary of the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic). The transaction was jointly structured by JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.
- Advised one of the lender consortium providing approximately €1 billion of long-term financing to Fraport Greece in connection with its acquisition of a 40-year concession of 14 Greek airports. Fraport Greece is a joint venture of Fraport AG Frankfurt Airport Services Worldwide and Copelouzos Group.
- Advising one of the A lenders on a US$1 billion loan to LUKOIL to part fund its participation in the stage 2 development of the Shah Deniz gas field, located off shore in the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea.
"Can-do attitude, coupled with a commercial viewpoint, is invaluable"
Chambers and Partners
Praised by clients as someone who can "provide tailored advice allied with a very easy to work with style." One commentator adds: "He is great for the follow-up and is technically strong. We feel very confident about his advice."
Chambers and Partners
"He is a great negotiator with superb communication skills and a results-driven outlook."