Our Technology Conference – Talent, Funding and the Future took place on Wednesday 1 March 2023 at The Marker Hotel, Dublin.
Our keynote speaker on the day was renowned journalist Kenneth Cukier, Deputy Executive Editor at the Economist and author of “Framers - Make Better Decisions in The Age of Big Data". Digital Entrepreneur, Journalist and COO of Kinzen, Áine Kerr, was our MC for the event.
Technology Sector Survey
Our audience poll found that 71% of Ireland’s technology sector would use generative AI like ChatGPT in their business. The findings showed that sales and marketing is seen as the business function most likely to be affected by AI in the future (31%), followed by legal services (20%) and pharma & life sciences (16%). Explore the full technology sector survey findings.
We had three expert panels dealing with topical issues in the sector.
Human Capital - recruiting and retaining talent
- Siobhan O’Shea, Director, Scaled Business Success (EMEA/APAC), Indeed
- Hannah Cronin, Director, Employment Legal (EMEA, APAC, LATAM & Canada), Pinterest
- Anne-Marie Tierney Le-Roux, Head of FDI – Technology, IDA
- Ger Connolly, Partner, Employment and Benefits Team, Mason Hayes & Curran
This session was chaired by Melanie Crowley, Partner and Head of Employment Law, Mason Hayes & Curran
Equity and Investment – buying, selling and fundraising
- Huw Lloyd, Managing Director, Arma Partners
- Alan Foy, Chairman & Co-Founder, VentureWave Capital
- Colum Lyons, Founder & CEO, ID-Pal
- Conor O'Sullivan, Investment Director, Atlantic Bridge
- James Ives, Founder & CEO, XOCEAN
This session was chaired by Anne Harkin, Corporate Partner, Mason Hayes & Curran
Future Focus – what next for technology
- Garret Molloy, SVP Global Channels Corporate Banking, Citi
- Graham Baitson, Head of Customer, Dimply
- Sohini De, Founder & CEO, Empeal
- Brian McElligott, Partner, Technology Team, Mason Hayes & Curran
This session was chaired by Oisín Tobin, Partner and Head of Technology Sector, Mason Hayes & Curran