Jane is a partner in our Commercial Litigation team and has over 15 years’ experience in dispute resolution and commercial litigation, acting for both domestic and international clients in all types of business disputes. She has a particular focus on professional negligence actions.
Allied to her litigation practice, Jane is a recognised expert in the area of Irish business immigration, having been consistently ranked in Who’s Who Corporate Immigration on an annual basis since 2007. Jane advises domestic and international clients in relation to the employment of non-EEA nationals in Ireland, to include the preparation and submission of employment permits and other Irish immigration work permissions.
Jane also advises private individuals on Irish immigration matters, which include Irish Citizenship, EU Treaty Rights and applications for Irish residency under the Immigrant Investor Schemes.
- Professional Negligence Claims (against solicitors, barristers, financial advisers, architects, valuers, accountants, directors and officers)
- Corporate and Shareholder’s Disputes
- Warranty Claims
- Property Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Product Liability Disputes
- Defamation Claims
- Banking Litigation
- Corporation Immigration
- Irish Immigration relating to Private Individuals
- Successfully represented an aggrieved shareholder in a dispute involving a joint venture company’s shares being incorrectly pledged and charged.
- Acting for a number of banks in relation to negligence actions against solicitors, valuers and other professionals.
- Defending an international company in a High Court defamation action arising from an employment situation.
- Representing a renowned international musician and performer in a multi-million euro breach of contract dispute before the Commercial Court in relation to the cancellation of a concert.
- Representing an Irish bank in Commercial Court enforcement proceedings against a high profile football manager.
- Advising a foreign bank in relation to a negligence claim against Irish solicitors flowing from the financing of a leisure sector development.
- Representing a group of investors in relation to a failed tax investment scheme in proceedings against the originators of and advisers to the scheme.
- Advising various multi-national companies in relation to employing high-level non-EEA nationals in Ireland.
Legal 500, 2018
Jane Pilkington is “extraordinarily thorough”.
Chambers and Partners, 2018
"Very client-focused and very efficient." Clients add “she really knows her subject matter... she’s super to work with: ultra-attentive to detail and very good at listening.”
Jane has been listed as an expert in the area of corporate immigration in Who's Who Legal: Corporate Immigration 2017
Speaking Engagements & Teaching
- Cross Border Litigation (Jurisdiction and Governing Law Issues) - Law Society of Ireland PPC II Course
- Commercial Court and Trends in Commercial Litigation - Law Society of Ireland PPC II Course
- IBA Biennial Immigration Conference in London (2013) – Global Transfers, Skilled Workers and Employer Compliance
- IBA Annual Conference in Dublin (2012) - The Global Citizen: International Mobility of the Skilled in the Age of Free Trade
- FBA Immigration Conference in Rome (2012) - Citizenship in a Global Era
- IBA Biennial Immigration Conference in London (2011) – Irish Immigration Policy in relation to Entrepreneurs and Investors
Areas of Expertise
Insurance and Risk
The Law Society of Ireland
Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland
International Bar Association
Dublin Chamber of Commerce
American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA) – International Associate Member
University College Dublin (Bachelor of Arts)
Dublin Institute of Technology (Diploma in Legal Studies)
The Law Society (Diploma in Commercial Litigation)