The School of Social Work and Social Policy Trinity College and Mason Hayes & Curran LLP launched a new training programme in April 2021 on the topic of Domestic Violence and Child Protection.
Since that date, approx. 450 professionals have engaged in online training on the topic of Domestic Violence and Child Protection, including social workers, domestic violence support workers, family support workers, gardai, medical professionals and teachers.
In response to demand for in person training and the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, we are delighted to announce our first in person event on Friday 28 October 2022. This may be of interest to those are working in the practice area, but do not currently have time to engage in the online programme, which takes 30 hours to complete.
The core aim of the conference is to summarise the key issues arising in practice in terms of the legal framework and research findings.
- Impact of domestic violence & coercive control on children
- Legal framework for domestic violence & child protection
- Voice of the child in domestic violence context
- Case examples & interagency collaboration in domestic violence
Dr Stephanie Holt, Associate Professor, Social Studies, Trinity College Dublin
Sonya Bruen, Partner, Health & Prosecutions, Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Date: Friday 28 October 2022
Time: 11am - 4pm
Venue: Synge Lecture Theatre, Room 2039 Arts Block, Trinity College Dublin
Cost: €250 per participant. Group rates are available upon request
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 17 October 2022 at 5pm
- Lectures and workshops
- Case studies and readings provided
- Opportunity to engage with other professionals in workshop environment
- Social workers
- Members of An Garda Síochána
- Family support workers
- Domestic violence organisations
- Specialised medical/nursing professionals
- Legal practitioners
- Social care practitioners
- Any mandated person under the Children First Act 2015