Adrian Weckler, Technology Editor of both The Irish Independent and The Sunday Independent, proved to be a big draw at the first Dublin Chamber of Commerce Technology Forum of 2017. This event series is sponsored by Mazars, Colt, Sungard Availability Services and Mason Hayes & Curran.
The event was hosted in our office with a welcome by David O’Donnell, Head of our Corporate team and MC for the morning Graeme McQueen of Dublin Chamber.
Some of the highlights from the talk included:
- The challenge of premium office space for technology firms and decline in the trend for open plan
- Voicemail is dead if you are under 35 and the same goes for laptops
- A lot more tech IPOs expected in 2017 compared to 2016
- Only 3% of tech venture capital goes to companies lead by women in Ireland
- Augmented Reality to beat Virtual Reality
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO for President in 2024!
Many thanks to everyone that took the time to attend and we hope to see you at the next event.
Finally, we would encourage all members of Dublin Chamber to vote in the Council elections. The deadline for voting is 5pm Friday 27 January 2017 and you can vote by clicking here.
Best of luck to all the candidates including our Director of Marketing, Natalie McGuinness.