Our team has significant expertise in heavily-regulated industry sectors such as pharmaceuticals and medical devices, digital health, cosmetics, agri-food and beverage, consumer electronics, and transportation, including motors, aviation and maritime.
We provide a comprehensive service to domestic and international clients. Our team includes engineers, medical doctors and claims specialists, and we provide expert advice to suppliers and retailers on product and consumer regulation and liability.
We have unique multi-jurisdictional experience in high value product liability litigation, with particular expertise in the healthcare industry. We also regularly represent clients in regulatory enforcement actions, civil claims and criminal proceedings brought under the EU Product Liability and Product Safety Framework.
- Managing complex product liability litigation, both at group and multi-party level in a national and global context
- Regulatory Authority investigations
- Breaches of product safety and consumer protection legislation
- Multi-jurisdictional product recalls, withdrawals or other forms of corrective action
- Strategic product liability advice for contractual arrangements
- Product liability issues arising from group or intra company restructuring
- Product liability exposure and obligations for manufacturers, distributors and importers
- Policy issues for insurers relating to product liability claims
Legal 500, 2021
Tier 1 ranked team. “Excellent service and advice provided by a professional team. Always a pleasure to deal with”.
- Representing a supplier of breast implant products alleged to contain industrial rather than industrial grade silicone
- Representing the manufacturer of a metal-on-metal hip implant in high volume group litigation
- Acting for a major multinational diagnostics company in the defence of numerous professional negligence proceedings arising out of the analysis of cervical smears
- Defending a global cosmetics manufacturer in a criminal prosecution arising from an alleged breach of consumer protection regulations
- Acting for a US manufacturer of child car seats in defence of product liability litigation
- Advising the State Claims Agency and Health Service Executive on product safety and recall issues
- Advising a global software company on product liability issues arising from a health related app
- Advising Allergan in the defence of product liability claims in respect of allegedly defective breast implants