Our Corporate team advises private equity and venture capital investors, as well as management teams, financial institutions and shareholders in all forms of private equity and venture capital transactions and at all stages of the investment process.
We act for many of our clients at start-up stage and continue to represent them on subsequent funding rounds right through to exit, through sale, buy out or listing. We also advise on public to private deals.
We work closely with specialist lawyers in our intellectual property, tax, technology, property, finance, pensions and competition law teams when advising on transactions.
- advising on initial relationship between founders
- protection of intellectual property rights
- tax advice and planning
- advising and negotiating shareholders agreement
- exit strategies, including trade sales and IPOs
- advising private equity investors in management buy outs and management buy-ins
Chambers Europe, 2016
"Great leadership in getting the transaction signed"
Legal 500, 2016
Chambers Europe, 2015
"The team is very responsive, knows the market well and understands what matters commercially to the client."
Legal 500, 2015
"A good range of experience and very attentive"
- Acted for a US private equity fund in relation to the acquisition of an Ireland-based medtech company.
- Acted for a Californian private equity fund acquiring an online social networking site
- Advised Genable Technologies Limited, an Irish privately held venture-capital backed biopharmaceutical company, on the sale of the company to Spark Therapeutics Inc., a NASDAQ listed leading US gene therapy company.
- Acted for Ormonde Mining in relation to the hostile approach from Almonty and €90m debt and equity investment by Oaktree in its Tungsten mine at Barruecapardo, Spain.
- Representing Cylon Controls on a VC investment by the ESB Novusmodus Fund.
- Acted for the Tax Free Worldwide Group and its shareholders on the sale of Tax Free Worldwide Group to Exponent, the UK private equity group.
- Represented [Terra Firma portfolio company] Odeon in its acquisition of 9 Irish cinemas and 2 sites from Entertainment Enterprises.
- Represented a consortium of investors on the successful acquisition of Europe's largest regional airline Aer Arann.